- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
Ricardo Rail is seeking experienced professionals in the following disciplines:
- RAMS / Safety
- System Engineering
- Rolling Stock
The positions will provide advice to a variety of customers in the rail sector on complex and critical issues. The roles are to be filled by an experienced specialist who has experience in working on major railway projects.
You will also act as project manager for small to medium scale of projects within your area of expertise. You will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client within the defined timescale, cost and quality.
- Lead the delivery of projects, including attending meetings with clients and other stakeholders
- Interface with other domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail business, for example Railway Operations, Rolling Stock, Power Supply, and Civil Engineering
- Manage and deliver RAMS / System assurance projects to meet the defined time, cost and quality and manage the client relationship
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of the community.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Be degree educated in a suitable discipline and have membership in a relevant professional institution
- Possess 3-8 years+ demonstrated relevant professional experience
- Ability to prepare professionally presented, structured, and concise written business documents
- English: Fluent in speaking and writing. Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking and reading; fluent in writing highly desirable
- IT literate - must be proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate specialist software, e.g. FTA & RBD software applications
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Preferably possess a signalling or rolling stock background (preferred but not essential)
- Be able to demonstrate success in relationship building
- Be able to liaise with customers to maintain continuous communication in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets
- Have proven planning, problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to work with other team members to identify practical and effective resolutions to performance issues and guide and/or coach others in the resolution of problems
- Be flexible to travel as required
ABOUT RICARDO RAIL
Ricardo is a global strategic, technical and environmental consultancy and specialist niche manufacturer of high performance products. We also provide independent assurance services in the rail sector. With a century of delivering excellence and innovation, we employ over 3,000 professional engineers, consultants and scientists world-wide.
Our activities cover a range of market sectors including passenger car, commercial vehicle, rail, defense, motorsport, motorcycle, off-highway, marine, clean energy and power generation.
Our client list includes the world’s major transportation original equipment manufacturers, supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
Ricardo is committed to ensuring there is no discrimination against any job applicant on the grounds of race, colour, nationality or national or ethnic origin, gender or marital status, disability, gender change status or sexual orientation, religion or philosophical belief, political belief, trade union activity or age.