Senior/Principal Environmental Impact Assessment Consultants
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Manchester, London
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading engineering, technical and environmental consultancy with specific expertise in the sectors of water, energy, waste and climate change. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work and deliver added value. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, central and local Government, utilities and developers.
We are looking for highly experienced Senior and Principal Consultants with proven UK based EIA, planning and leadership experience to join our planning and EIA team. You will have the opportunity to project manage a variety of exciting infrastructure projects and play an integral role in the continued growth and success of the business.
You will lead and manage your own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy from tendering, budget control, leading projects, generating new business and nurturing existing client relationships.
We would keen to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualification in EIA and / or town planning;
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Chartered status (RTPI, IEMA);
- Demonstrable experience working with multi-disciplinary teams;
- In depth practical working knowledge of the UK planning system and consenting process;
- Strong technical ability with experience in the management and delivery of EIA;
- Experience of Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Appraisal, ideally in the water sector;
- Proven experience of project management,
- Track record of business development, winning work and client management;
- Experience in consulting, negotiation and stakeholder management.
You will fit into an existing team seeking to expand. You will be responsible for delivering into a wide range of projects using your technical EIA, planning and project management skills as well as having commercial responsibility for business development. The role will involve the development of new and existing work streams and the active management of client relationships.
Whilst the post will be based in one of our existing offices in Harwell, London or Manchester the role will involve work across the rest of the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad.
There will be opportunity for you to take on significant responsibility and progress your career in your chosen direction. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.