Principal/Senior EIA Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Bristol, Flexible, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading engineering, technical and environmental consultancy with specific expertise in the sectors of water, energy, waste and climate change. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work and deliver added value. We offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Nationally and internationally recognised for our expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects, our skills have been utilised by a wide range of clients within the public and private sectors including the European Commission, central and local Government, utilities and developers.
We are looking for highly experienced Principal/Senior Consultant with proven UK-based EIA, planning and leadership experience to join our Planning and EIA team. You will have the opportunity to project manage a variety of exciting infrastructure projects and play an integral role in the continued growth and success of the business.
You will lead and manage your own projects, manage multi-disciplinary teams and deliver all aspects of consultancy from tendering, budget control, leading projects, generating new business and nurturing existing client relationships.
You will fit into an existing team seeking to expand. You will be responsible for delivering into a wide range of projects using your technical EIA, planning and project management skills as well as having commercial responsibility for business development. You will also play a key role in the development of new and existing work streams and the active management of client relationships.
Whilst the post will be based in one of our existing offices in Bristol, Harwell, London or Manchester the role will involve work across the rest of the UK and there may be occasional opportunities to be involved in projects internationally also.
Skills and Experience
We would keen to hear from you if you have:
- Degree qualification in EIA and / or town planning;
- Relevant postgraduate qualification;
- Chartered status (RTPI, IEMA);
- Demonstrable experience working with multi-disciplinary teams;
- In depth practical working knowledge of the UK planning system and consenting process;
- Strong technical ability with experience in the management and delivery of EIA;
- Experience of Strategic Environmental Assessment and Sustainability Appraisal, ideally in the water sector;
- Proven experience of project management, budget control and leading projects;
- Track record of business development, winning work and client management;
- Experience in consulting and negotiating with planning authorities, regulators and stakeholders.
This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. What sets us apart is our People. You will work with an exceptional team of talented, dedicated and supportive individuals. You will have a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development.
Our People are important to us and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Ricardo Energy & Environment has an ambitious diversity, equality and inclusion approach as explained in this message by our CEO.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.