Rolling Stock – Consultant/ Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Beijing, Changchun, Shanghai
The role we are seeking to fill is that of a Senior Rolling Stock Consultant to support our projects and deliverables in rolling stock from our China office.
A good domain knowledge of railway rolling stock engineering (mechanical and electrical) is essential and a detailed understanding of rolling stock systems and how they interface and operate with each other at an engineering level is key.
As a Consultant you will be heavily client focused and will spend a significant time dealing with our clients to ensure we deliver our services efficiently and understand the clients’ needs and requirements. We require all our consultants to interface with clients and other project stakeholders at both a technical and contractual level.
You will be required to take on a range of projects including consultancy, safety engineering and RAMS and so will be able to understand the processes and procedures and their implementation.
As a project manager for relevant projects within your area of expertise you will be required to manage the delivery of your own work to the client and that of others within the team to timescale, cost and quality.
- Provide expertise and advice to Ricardo Rail and external clients on rolling stock projects, engineering practice, potential solutions.
- To be a player in project teams preparing and/or reviewing project documentation.
- Liaise with consultants and contractors on project issues, and interface with clients on both a technical and contractual matters.
- Manage and lead projects as required, controlling budgets, quality and timeliness of deliverables and working with resource managers to utilise the right people.
- Develop proposals and undertake business development activities to enhance client relationships and secure further work to achieve sales targets.
- Interface with domain experts from other disciplines within the Ricardo Rail global business.
- Maintain your own competence and knowledge at the forefront of your area of expertise.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- At least 5-8 years design experience and preferably 3-5 years independent assessment experience.
- Rolling stock domain expertise, bogie or brake related is a must.
- You will be degree educated in a suitable electronical or mechanical discipline and preferrable achieved Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
- Successful delivery of own areas of responsibility, including quality deliverables, on time and to budget.
- Analytical and methodical problem solving.
- A visible passion for the rail industry.
- Versatile and adaptable, able to operate under pressure.
- English and Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent in speaking, reading and writing
- Flexibility to travel and short durations overseas if required.