Electrical CAD Designer -Permanent- Rail
- Role type
- Closing Date
Due to continued growth, Ricardo Rail are looking to strengthen their design team to support the delivery of existing and new projects. The roles we are seeking to fill is that of an electrical systems consultants to support the delivery of rolling stock projects, these will include fleet consultancy, design and assurance projects.
We are seeking rolling stock design engineers to undertake and deliver rolling stock engineering design projects including the use of 2D and 3D CAD modelling.
You will be required to design and draw schematics and wiring layouts for a variety of rolling stock projects including:
• Passenger train interiors
• Passenger and freight underframes
• Installation of new electrical systems and modifications to trains
You will be required to work on your own initiative under the direction of a project manager to deliver design projects to our clients.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Work with clients to understand ultimate objectives and desired outcomes for each project.
• As part of a team, lead and deliver specific work packages to quality, time and budget.
• Liaise with other consultants on project issues and interface with clients on both technical matters if required.
Qualifications / Experience/ Skills:
• Engineering qualification HND/Degree
• Membership of a relevant engineering institution.
• CAD experience, Ricard Rail uses Solid Works and microstation software.
• Strong experience in one or more of the following:
o Electrical Schematics
o Wiring diagrams
o Electrical installation design
o Cable and conduit installations
o Electrical train systems (PIS, CCTV etc.)
• Good knowledge of UK rail industry.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively.