Senior Consultant - Renewable Energy
- Role type
- Bristol, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a global sustainability consultancy. We combine world-leading energy, climate change and environmental expertise with powerful IT, knowledge management and economics capability. We help policy makers understand complex issues and empower business leaders with award winning consultancy advice.
Ricardo Energy & Environment's vision is to be recognised, by Governments, International Agencies, and commercial businesses as a leading provider of analysis, advice, and data on economically sustainable solutions for the most pressing global energy and environmental challenges. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work. We are also successful in leading and delivering major multi-partner trans-national collaborations.
Our business consists of a team of over 350 consultancy staff, conducting high-profile consultancy projects for clients including the European Commission, UK government agencies, NGOs and FTSE 100 companies. In short, we work to deliver projects that are at the heart of the UK's and Europe's sustainability agenda.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Energy practice is a team consisting of over 50 consultants who are highly experienced professionals specialising in techno-economic and management consultancy services for the energy sector, with particular emphasis on renewable energy – including renewable heat, the power sector, energy and other electricity projects. The strength of the Energy practice is our ability to combine strategic, financial/economic and technical advice as an integrated consultancy service to public and private sector clients. Our team of energy consultants are qualified in a range of commercial, engineering, economic and financial disciplines. Most of our assignments draw on expertise in several of these areas. In addition to the core team we can draw on a wide range of energy specialist associates, with whom we have long-standing working relationships. This network of relationships complements our permanent office presence in Harwell, Guildford, Glasgow, Bristol, London and South Africa, expanding our reach to international energy markets: Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and the Americas.
To support in the delivery of technical projects in our renewable energy consultancy – in particular our business delivering energy and carbon management strategies, planning & implementation support, and technical advice to clients looking to develop renewable energy installations.
From day one, you'll be part of a team of senior consultants in delivering high-profile projects to clients. The successful applicant will have excellent numeracy and analytical skills gained from a scientific or engineering background, strong writing skills, a proactive, organised approach and a commitment to producing high quality work with a high level of attention to detail.
Successful candidates must have the following skills and characteristics:
Candidates will have a Science or Engineering qualification/background with practical career experience with a focus on delivering a selection of the following:
- Experience of one or more renewable technologies including wind, solar, hydrogen, wave & tidal, and hydropower
- Experience of applying for planning permission and consents for renewable technologies
- Understanding of renewables integration into the grid and associated challenges
- Understanding of private wire and mini-grids
- Identification and assessment of energy savings on private and public sector buildings
- Financial assessments of the investment returns for energy efficiency and renewable energy
- Experience of working with private sector clients within industry sectors such as food & drink, refrigeration, airports etc.
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions
- Knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to apply change management techniques
- Effective project management skills
The successful candidate will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position.
· A high level of numeracy and a talent for numerical analysis;
· A professional and diligent approach
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
· Strong PC literacy - especially in MS Excel and MS Word;
· Be flexible, proactive, resilient and enthusiastic;
· Be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative, as well as operate effectively as part of a team
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.