Consultant/Senior Consultant - CHP
- Role type
- Oxfordshire (Harwell), Glasgow, London, Manchester
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and waste expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is seeking a consultant to join our CHP and Heat business area within the Energy practice. The role will provide support to meet a growing demand for services relating to CHP and renewable heat relating to the decarbonisation of heat from Government and Industry in the UK and internationally. The key focus for the role will be in the following areas:, assessing and developing policy and guidance related to the uptake of CHP, low carbon heat options and district heating; auditing programmes to assess CHP, heat supply technologies, and District Heating in terms of their technical and economic performance; and feasibility, engineering design and technical and financial due diligence of CHP, renewable heat and district heating schemes.
- Strong engineering skills
- Proven experience in technical and economic auditing
- Knowledge and experience of renewable heat technologies,
- Detailed understanding of Energy Supply and Demand sides
- Knowledge and understanding of bioenergy/biomass fuel supply chains
- Proven experience in energy and climate change policy assessment
- Effective project and programme management skills
- Professional, diligent, and strong attention to detail
- Experienced in the preparation of complex proposals and, ideally an effective networker and business developer
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Good problem solving
- The ability to work to commercial imperatives
- Experience in leading technical teams
- A Chartered (or progressing to Chartership) mechanical, process or chemical engineer
- Understanding of government policies related to renewable heat, CHP, heat markets and associated district heating and cooling networks
- Experience in managing large projects and programmes will be advantageous
- Experience in conducting CHP/District Heating feasibility studies
- Experience in working in Consultancy, engineering or an evaluation team at a utilities company
- Have knowledge of the market and regulatory framework for renewable heat CHP and District heating/Cooling in the UK and Europe
- In addition, you will demonstrate good attention to detail, technical report writing ability and be able to assimilate information quickly
- Extensive experience in client management and proposal writing
The successful candidate will need to hold a Full UK Driving licence for this position which involves UK travel in the delivery of site audits
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark; you will have support from the wider business for your own career development into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.