Crisis Management Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise and is the owner of the National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC). NCEC has a 40+ year reputation as a premium provider of global chemical emergency response provision. NCEC works with global client base including 50% of the world’s top 100 chemical manufacturers and a large number of other public and private sector clients.
NCEC wishes to further develop its crisis management business which operates primarily outside of the chemical industry and is looking for the right individual to support delivery of its offerings. Having won several significant long-term crisis and emergency response projects both in the UK and Europe this has necessitated the creation of this new role.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is seeking a talented consultant within crisis management/business continuity to support in the delivery of its crisis consultancy projects.
The role will include a range of activities including a large emphasis on technical delivery, with some marketing support activity and working with our sales team to support business development activity. The individual will work alongside the existing Senior Consultant for Crisis Management to develop Ricardo Energy & Environment Crisis Management business for which we have strong growth aspirations. This opportunity is therefore ideal for someone looking to help build a new business within an existing and well-established organisation which has a strong track record in crisis management.
- Deliver Crisis Management consultancy including but not limited to: review of BC plans, training, audits, creation and delivery of scenarios and exercises.
- Management and delivery of consultancy projects with new / existing clients helping to develop the capability within the existing team
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing customers
- Working with the sales and marketing team to realise new business opportunities with new / existing customers
- Contribute to identifying new offerings, undertaking marketing campaigns etc working with the Senior Crisis Management consultant.
- Maintain Ricardo Energy & Environment’s premium brand and strong track record of delivering customer excellence.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Crisis Management consultant with strong technical skills to help develop a new business with the opportunity for substantial personal growth in a fast developing and successful business environment.
Skills and Behaviours:
- A strong track record in delivery of a range of consultancy projects
- Experience in Crisis and/or Business Continuity Management
- Professional Qualification in Crisis and/or Business Continuity Management
- The technical / management skills to deliver consultancy work for customers
- Highly organised with effective prioritisation skills.
- Demonstration of good project management skills.
- Effective, positive and proactive team working approach
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Professional business manner and working practice, able to set an example for the rest of the team.
- A can-do attitude and a desire to support with the growth and development of a new business area
- Relevant experience in a high-risk sector (either operationally or from a reputation perspective).
- Knowledge of media response including social media approaches during a crisis / incident
- Experience in handling a real crisis / incident
- Professional membership with BCI / IAEM / EPS
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to develop a successful business stream for Ricardo which already has strong track record in emergency response provision. You will have support from the Ricardo management team and additional investment and development of the team, systems and tools will be made following early successes.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field.
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.