Director of Growth
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Bristol, Glasgow, Guildford, London, Manchester, Oxfordshire (Harwell)
- Closing Date
Ricardo Energy & Environment is a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, air quality, sustainable transport, waste and resources, water, environment and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability. Operating across the world, we work in partnership with our customers to help transform the way they work, empowering business leaders with award winning consultancy advice. With unrivalled sector insight and a reputation for producing innovative solutions, we offer a stimulating and rewarding environment in which to work.
Key Areas of sector focus for this role:
Utilities (Water & Energy)
Infrastructure (Waste, Property, Regeneration, Transport etc)
To work with Practice Directors of Infrastructure and Utilities Practices (Energy, Water and Waste) to develop the business growth strategy for the Infrastructure and Utilities Team, and drive orders for net new business (combined services and new clients) against agreed targets.
Through effective leadership and collaboration, enhance the business development capability within the Infrastructure and Utilities Practices (Energy, Water and Waste), and create a client-focused and innovation-centric culture, to drive profitable growth.
- Work with Practice Directors for Energy, Water and Waste to construct a business development strategy for the Infrastructure and Utilities (I&U) Team, to drive growth and profitability, aligned with overall Company goals
- Specifically, operate as a catalyst for combining existing offerings to new and existing clients, with targets based on net additional revenues
- Identify and develop market opportunities through high-level client engagement, including International opportunities, and in additional infrastructure sectors
- Influence market dynamics through thought leadership and debate at national and international level
- Work with Practice Directors outside the Infrastructure and Utilities Team, in order to seek potential additional services to offer clients
- Work with the I&U Practice Directors to create a positive and dynamic environment which stimulates creative, flexible and performance driven teams, and attracts high quality talent
- Mentor and coach managers in the I&U Practices to enhance business development and client focused skills
- Oversee management of CRM for the Infrastructure and Utilities team
Key competencies and experience:
- Proven business development expertise and experience in a consultancy context, with a current network of appropriate contacts
- Successful collaborator and team player, with experience working across teams without direct line responsibility
- Evidence of a consistent sales track-record, including £multi-million contracts
- Recognized as a leader in their field
- Experience working in an international context, including travel and international projects
- Experience working in a number of Infrastructure / Utilities Sectors
- Demonstrable experience working and influencing at Board Level
- Mentoring and coaching business development skills
- Effective situational leadership skills
Skills and behaviours:
- Inspiring leader
- Able to deal with ambiguity and work flexibly with multiple colleagues from across the business
- Ability to influence senior clients and develop new business nationally and internationally
- Positive and enthusiastic role model inside the business, with a focus on engagement
- Consultancy skills and experience at a Director level
- Working under pressure to deliver challenging sales targets
- Ability to mentor and develop potential future leaders
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.