Senior Business Sustainability Consultant
- Role type
Ricardo Energy & Environment is an internationally renowned consultancy with world-leading energy, environmental and technical expertise operating predominantly in the UK, in Europe and globally. We have over 450 technical and scientific staff, many being recognised experts in their disciplines, and over 40 years’ consulting experience that includes a long track record of successfully delivering services and advice to a wide range of major private and public-sector organisations.
Ricardo Energy & Environment’s Resource Efficiency and Waste Management practice is a team consisting of around 40 consultants who are highly experienced professionals specialising in resource efficiency, circular economy, life cycle assessment, waste operations and due diligence. The team includes internationally recognised experts who, by working alongside key stakeholders, partners and clients, provide tailored support, solutions and guidance to address waste management and resource efficiency concerns. Our focus is on helping clients to solve problems and developing their capabilities to continue to solve problems after our commission has ended. We continue to help our clients achieve substantial savings and balance environmental, social and economic pressures whether it be on-site or in the board room.
Our track record of successful delivery and long-term appointments by major clients speaks for itself in terms of our commitment to quality and consistency in our delivery. Our recent clients include the European Commission, national governments and departments, local authorities, WRAP and Zero Waste Scotland.
We are seeking a Senior Business Sustainability Consultant, with a strong understanding of energy, water and material efficiency within private sector enterprises. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the provision of technical support to clients, from initial engagement, facilitating the delivery of technical advice by our resource efficiency specialists, through to provision of final reports and the delivery of implementation support to help overcome barriers. They will also have experience of developing and implementing operational processes and managing teams.
The successful candidate will support our clients by:
- Leading and assisting with the delivery of energy and sustainability support to our client organisations.
- Managing a team of business specialists to deliver on-site resource efficiency/sustainability advice to small and medium sized businesses. Strong data analytical skills using databases and spreadsheets to monitor project performance and collating and presenting monthly and quarterly reports.
- Promoting the benefits of resource efficiency to businesses and influencing and supporting them to take action.
- Developing, scoping, overseeing the delivery and following up on projects while managing client relationships throughout.
- Providing technical advice and mentoring on projects.
- Delivering front-line business advice with a particular focus on overcoming business barriers to implementation of resource efficient solution.
- Quality checking client deliverables, outputs and reports related to energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Presenting on energy efficiency and other resource efficiency topics at training seminars and events.
- Providing initial telephone support on waste, water, energy and raw materials efficiency.
- Managing specialist sub-contractors and building relationships internally and externally.
Key competencies and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of energy, waste/material and water efficiency opportunities within businesses with the confidence to discuss the opportunities available to businesses and the ability to translate this into technical support.
- Educated to a degree level.
- Proven experience supporting businesses to enhance their resource efficiency and sustainability.
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement experience building strategic relationships with businesses, business support, public sector and voluntary sector organisations.
- Ability to scope and deliver resource efficiency projects for our clients ensuring technical excellence and quality report writing.
- Experience of commissioning and overseeing audits and opportunity assessments by sub-contractors.
- Report writing with excellent attention to detail.
Project management experience including:
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously.
- Experience of managing remote teams and specialist sub-contractors.
- Budget management.
- Operational management including developing and implementing procedures.
- Creating KPIs and utilising data to monitor and report on performance.
Skills and behaviours:
The successful candidate will be proactive and solutions focused with a drive and enthusiasm to help our clients and be supportive to colleagues with the following attributes:
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong team and project management skills and able to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Competent with the full MS Office package is essential including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Competent with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Experienced with MS Dynamics helpful.
- Flexible approach to working activities.
- Ability to support the development of junior team members.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business to help your career develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.