Climate Risk and Reporting Associate Director
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- London, Oxfordshire (Harwell), Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Shoreham-by-Sea
- Closing Date
Role: Climate Risk and Reporting Associate Director
Location: London, Oxford, Bristol, Manchester, Glasgow, Shoreham / Hybrid
Role ID: 2024-2236
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
At Ricardo, our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world. We are a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company dedicated to helping our clients address complex challenges and work toward a sustainable future.
As a Climate Risk and Reporting Associate Director, you will play a pivotal role in assisting our clients in identifying, assessing and managing climate-related risks and opportunities. Your expertise will be instrumental in guiding organisations toward climate resilience.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- Excellent understanding of climate science: Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of climate change science, scenarios, and methodologies for assessing climate-related risks and opportunities.
- Proven track record: A strong track record of successfully managing and delivering climate-related strategy and reporting projects.
- Climate reporting expertise: Extensive understanding and practical knowledge of climate-related reporting standards and frameworks (e.g. CDP, TCFD, TPT, IFRS S2), with a focus on challenges and emerging trends, including risk management, scenario analysis and climate transition planning.
- Risk management experience: A track record of developing and implementing climate and enterprise risk management processes.
- Stakeholder engagement: Proficiency in leading stakeholder engagement processes to gather insights and prioritise climate risks and opportunities.
- Mentorship and leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills, including mentoring and guiding junior consultants.
- Sector experience: Previous experience in sectors such as automotive, chemicals, and manufacturing is beneficial.
The Successful candidate will need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Analytical proficiency: Excellent analytical abilities to assess climate data, identify trends, and quantify risks and opportunities. Experience in financial modelling relevant to TCFD would be beneficial but not essential.
- Effective communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create clear and actionable climate risk reports, TCFD reports and annual reports.
- Client and stakeholder interaction: Exceptional client and stakeholder communication skills, encompassing influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management.
- Project management: Proficiency in project management, including the ability to manage, coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure timely and budget-conscious delivery of deliverables.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to evolving climate risk landscapes and industry-specific challenges.
- Collaborative leadership: Adept at providing leadership and expertise in climate risk assessments while maintaining a collaborative mindset to work effectively with a team of sustainability experts.
- Flexibility: A flexible approach, with the ability to support colleagues and juggle various tasks in a fast-paced operational environment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Act as the client lead for key climate-related reporting projects, building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Develop and implement comprehensive climate risk assessment strategies tailored to each client's unique needs.
- Lead stakeholder engagement exercises, including conducting interviews, surveys and workshops to gather insights and prioritise climate risks.
- Oversee the analysis of climate data, identifying trends, quantifying risks and evaluating opportunities.
- Create detailed climate risk assessment reports that provide actionable insights and recommendations for clients, ensuring alignment with climate disclosure standards.
- Develop and implement climate risk management processes, strategies and resilience plans.
- Stay up to date with evolving climate-related regulations and industry best practices.
- Lead the development of client proposals covering climate risk services, ensuring alignment with client needs and objectives.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior consultants on ESG and climate risk topics.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.