Senior Rolling Stock Engineer
- Role type
Role: Senior Rolling Stock Engineer
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Role ID: 2024-2234
Hybrid remote/In office
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
We are currently looking for a Senior Rolling Stock Engineer to join our team.
- Provide technical advice in engineering relating to the rolling stock / locomotive discipline.
- Lead and work collaboratively with engineers (including in other disciplines), subject matter experts, project teams and other stakeholders to achieve project and business outcomes.
- Work directly with clients to deliver services and meet outcomes.
- Review technical submissions at various phases of engineering design (SDR / PDR / DDR / TRR / SVR) for compliance.
- Attend site to provide advice on technical matters.
- Develop trade-off reports as required to support decision making.
- Lead, participate in, support, and contribute to workshops and meetings with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Produce, contribute to, review, and approve engineering documentation including reports, calculations, specifications, procedures, etc.
- Produce, contribute to, review and approve management and project deliverables, including plans, schedules, risk assessments, issues registers, etc.
- Review of engineering documents, develop comments and recommendations including input from stakeholders and subject matter experts, and collaborate with clients and stakeholders in delivering findings and developing amendments.
- Provide technical leadership of projects, including:
- Acting as a key/primary contact for clients
- Managing project schedule and resources
- Completing related reporting and administrative tasks
- Create high performing team through effective coaching, mentoring, performance management (if applicable).
- Support new business development for Ricardo Rail Australia and/or Ricardo Group (e.g. new tenders).
- Support development of company systems and processes.
- Abide by applicable workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as reasonably directed, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in Engineering (or other related discipline)
- 10+ years’ prior experience in a related rolling stock engineering position
- Previous safety assurance experience either as part of an ISA (or equivalent process), or working in collaboration with an ISA (or equivalent process)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effective collaboration with engineers from diverse disciplines.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Proficiency in other languages (desirable).
Working with Ricardo
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Please advise the recruitment team if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can.