Senior Consultant - Aquatic Ecologist
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Consultant - Aquatic Ecologist
Location: Bristol - Hybrid (Commutable to Bristol - Hybrid / Remote / In Office)
Salary range: £35,000 - £45,000
Role ID: 2023 - 2152
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company - a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Aquatic Ecologist, with a focus on fisheries to join our Ecology team within the Water Practice.
- Provide technical input across the Ecology team to deliver expertise in fisheries related investigations across all project stages, from bidding/feasibility/optioneering, extensive field survey programming, detailed design and assessment.
- Work with technical specialists across ecology and hydrology/water quality to understand and interpret implications of changes in the physical environment on fish habitat and species behaviour.
- Help to develop technically excellent services and identify new opportunities across the market to sustain continued growth and expansion in the team.
- Have a willingness, appetite and enthusiasm for new challenges and for being central to the mentoring and development of our Ecology team.
Key competencies and experience
- A degree in a relevant subject, such as ecology or other biological sciences, and/or a relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Have demonstrable commercial consultancy experience and have Full Membership of CIEEM.
- Knowledge of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation (in particular Habitats Regulations Assessment), planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques.
Skills and Behaviour
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; be able to produce accurate technical reports.
- Excellent team working skills are therefore essential together with strong communication skills.
- Be able to represent Ricardo and its clients to key stakeholders, including wide-ranging technical engagement and consultation with regulators, local authorities, NGOs and the general public.
- Chartership of relevant professional institution
- Experience in providing clients with the accurate and proportionate technical and consenting advice in relation to DCOs and significant infrastructure projects in the UK.
Working with Ricardo
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment.
Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.