Software Support Engineer - Dev Ops
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Software Supprt Engineer - Dev Ops
Location: Athens / Greece Hybrid
Role ID: 2023-2148
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
E3M, part of Ricardo plc develops and maintains large-scale models across the energy, environment and transport sectors. Its expertise focuses on the design and impact analysis of the transition of all possible types of power generation technologies, several types of alternative green fuels, energy demand efficiency and mobility restructuring. Its integrated modelling tools provide informed, transparent and robust analysis as well as recommendations for its high-profile clients which include the European Commission, national governments, energy regulators and a number of private companies in the energy and transport sectors, financial institutions and strategic consultancies.
Over the past 30 years, E3-Modelling has carried out consultancy on all major European energy and climate policy initiatives, and its large-scale energy, economy and transport models have been applied at the very heart of European Commission policymaking.
- Suggest, design, and implement automation routines to improve workflow efficiency in cooperation with the energy & economic modelling teams.
- Design solutions for improving data workflows and quality assurance processes related to modelling.
- Help develop and maintain internal tools for version control, continuous integration, unit testing, backup and documentation using Git and similar applications.
- Advise modelling teams with best available techniques related to file and data management
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem-solving when issues arise.
- Liaise with Ricardo’s Data Science group for the exchange of tools and methods.
Key competencies and experience
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc degree in computer science, software engineering, or an adjacent field.
- Experience using an array of automation tools.
- Demonstrated experience using various coding languages, such as shell scripting, Python, R, GAMS, etc.
- Be proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
- Have a detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Experience in managing solutions, including High-Performance Computer (HPC) is a plus.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer - please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.