- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our growing team. This Systems Engineer will work directly with customers to support both fielded combat vehicle systems and modification/upgrade programs. The customer site office is ikn Warren, MI. This Systems Engineer position will support the Ground Combat Enabling Technology Transition Team. This Systems Engineer will perform analysis of system requirements, assessments of technology and manufacturing readiness and help the entire team keep technology moving through the Army system.
Systems Engineering candidates for this position must be able to perform successfully both collaboratively and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo offices and customer location will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop engineering objectives, perform analyses and engineering trade studies
- Assist the Government with analysis of engineering requirements, system architectures and designs, test plans, prototypes, etc. throughout the project’s lifecycle
- As a member of a team, develops materials related to the preparation and conduct of engineering technical reviews, such as a System Requirements Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, and Test Readiness Review
- Reviews technical documents for content and grammatical correctness
- Identify and maintain key metrics from a large, multi-organization, technology portfolio
- Drives completeness; determines technical document information requirements and interfaces with customers to remedy gaps
- Support key technology areas to be integrated into future modernization efforts that will focus on target acquisition (i.e., sensor and targeting algorithm), survivability (e.g., detection avoidance), energy management efficiency (e.g., engine and transmission), and weight reduction (e.g., materials and structures)
- Support management of the project’s technical work and coordinate project activities with customer requirements
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college or university or other relevant field
- Eight plus years of relevant systems engineering experience
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to present standout presentations
- Ability to effectively collaborate in multidiscipline engineering environments
- System design, requirements management and architecture modeling experience required.
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Experience with DoD terminology, missions, and ground vehicles, preferably with the US Army
- Experience with Product Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software)
- Knowledge the requirements management process and Requirements Management tools (Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw, DOORS, etc.)
- Experience in Ground Combat vehicles.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 & 2023 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.