Proposal Pricing Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Proposal Pricing Manager to administer pricing tasks for USG solicitations. This individual coordinates with the proposal team to gather and incorporate all necessary data to estimate labor, material, travel, subcontracts, and ODCs applicable to the efforts being proposed. The Proposal Pricing Manager works cross functionally to develop a strong proposal package that meets /exceeds the evaluation criteria of the solicitation, with a financial plan that meets company targets, and will be achievable once awarded.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has strong communication and influencing skills, action oriented, and able to work efficiently towards challenging deadlines. Additionally, as part of a growing organization, the ideal Proposal Pricing Manager would have experience with contract administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates solicitations and coordinates with the proposal team to devise questions when any conflict or ambiguities are identified
- Leads pricing meetings and actively participates in other proposal development meetings
- Manages and drives execution of pricing efforts for complete Cost Volumes in accordance with solicitation, ensuring all costs are considered, and ensuring set target margins are met
- Proactively identify and resolve problems and/obstacles in pricing efforts to ensure that deadlines are met
- Coordinates, collaborates, and facilitates meetings with multiple functional teams to ensure all work requirements are considered and incorporated into costs and pricing
- Manages preparation of request for quote packages to prospective subcontractors ensuring requests are free from ambiguity and in accordance with the solicitation
- Communicates with subcontractors to ensure all pricing inquiries are addressed.
- Proposes and supports negotiations for billing and payment terms to establish optimal cash flow
- Reviews all aspects of the cost volume for accuracy and completeness, including documents prepared for external submission as well as internal supporting documentation
- Builds complex cost models used as a decision making tool
- Studies, analyzes, and develops financial metrics for complex programs in a variety of engineering disciplines including software, systems, logistics, and mechanical engineering
- Ensures pricing assumptions, financial summaries, cash flow analysis, and risk assessments are complete
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and analysis as required to present and/or respond to inquiries from the proposal team
- Ensures that pricing records are intact and organized so responses to customer pricing inquires and/audits can be made promptly
- Initiates, writes, and reviews detailed Cost Narratives in support of proposed prices and in accordance with solicitation requirements
- Ensures opportunities are entered and maintained in the Unanet system and tracking logs.
- Assist Program Managers to develop initial project plan to meet requirements of the project
- Reviews award to ensure funded amounts align with the proposed or coordinates with the appropriate parties to reconcile differences appropriately.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business, finance, or related field or equivalent level of experience and accreditation
- A Minimum of five years of experience managing cost volume submittals for US Government solicitations
- Experience with developing Cost Narratives and responding to Government cost Evaluation Notices
- Experience with issuing Requests for Quotes
- Comprehensive knowledge of FAR, DFARS, and CAS regulation compliance as well as different contract types to include CPFF, FFP, FPLOE, and T&M
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert MS Excel skills
- Ability to productively work independently and as part of a team to meet challenging deadlines
- Action oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain a Common Access Card, Government Security Clearance and maintain a clearance
- DCAA Audit experience
- Experience with Unanet ERP is preferred
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 & 2023 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.