Economic Modeller - Analyst
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Economic Modeller - Analyst
Location: Athens, Greece
Role ID: 2023-2107
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
E3M, part of Ricardo plc develops and maintains large-scale models across the energy, environment and transport sectors. Its expertise focuses on the design and impact analysis of the transition of all possible types of power generation technologies, several types of alternative green fuels, energy demand efficiency and mobility restructuring. Its integrated modelling tools provide informed, transparent and robust analysis as well as recommendations for its high-profile clients which include the European Commission, national governments, energy regulators and a number of private companies in the energy and transport sectors, financial institutions and strategic consultancies.
Over the past 30 years, E3-Modelling has carried out consultancy on all major European energy and climate policy initiatives, and its large-scale energy, economy and transport models have been applied at the very heart of European Commission policymaking.
We are looking for a motivated expert to join our Economics and Climate Policy team. The role will entail solid technical skills and a strong interest in the evaluation of the impact of EU/international energy, climate policies in the economy by using a Computable General Equilibrium Model.
- Delivery of high-standing international consulting projects for clients including the European Commission, national governments, and large companies.
- Participation in EU-funded research projects focusing on climate mitigation, just transition and energy policies.
- Model use and development to support complex energy, climate, and economic policy assessment projects.
- Data input preparation and model output analysis.
Key Competencies and Experience
- Hold MSc and BSc degrees in engineering, applied mathematics and/or economics.
- Proven work and/or research experience in the field of energy/climate policy analysis, economics, and quantitative methods.
- Experience in operations research, mathematical programming, optimization modelling or general software programming is an asset.
- Demonstrated data management skills, including the ability to use programming tools, preferably GAMS or Python or R for modelling.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel (including VBA).
- Be proficient in English (verbal and written).
- Have a good understanding of European and/or international energy and environmental policy issues and of fundamentals of economic theory.
- Have a detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proven writing skills gained through (co-) authorship of academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English is an asset.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.