HSEQ Advisor FTC 18 months
- Role type
Fixed Term Contract
Role: HSEQ Advisor - FTC 18 months - Full Time
Location: London or Derby / Hybrid
Role ID: 2023 - 2100
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
As an integral part of the Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality (HSEQ) function, you will play a key role in ensuring compliance with ISO requirements and maintaining accreditation across our offices in the UK, Middle East, and global projects.
Key Responsibilities and Experience
- Act as a regional advisor for all HSEQ requirements, ensuring comprehensive delivery throughout the designated region.
- Understand the local regulatory and standards requirements and define their impact on our business operations.
- Demonstrate leadership in ensuring compliance with relevant standards, including ISO9001, ISO14001, and OHSAS18001.
- Collaborate with the Head of HSEQ and local representatives to identify and fulfil HSEQ training needs within the Ricardo Clean Energy and Environmental Solutions business.
- Conduct internal management systems audits as per the Ricardo CEES Audit programme.
- Provide regular status reporting to the Head of HSEQ on trends, key issues, and actions in the HSEQ function.
- Manage and investigate all near misses and accidents, ensuring root causes are identified and lessons learned.
- Oversee risk assessments for various factors such as DSE, New and expectant mothers, Young Persons, Homeworkers, etc.
- Conduct fire risk assessments and manage related actions.
- Develop and manage environmental Aspect and Impacts.
- Lead HSE committee meetings for the region.
- Produce management reports, newsletters, and bulletins.
- Lead in-house training on HSEQ issue and risks in line with targets.
- Co-coordinate the global well being programme.
- Conduct regular office and site inspections.
- Manage the Ricardo Compliance Hub, ensuring all statutory inspections are up to date and compliance scores align with targets.
- Manage customer feedback for the region.
- Conduct Lessons Learned sessions.
- Manage corrective and preventative actions.
- Serve as the lead contact for ISO audits.
- Collaborate with the HSEQ team to develop and promote new HSEQ initiatives in line with best practices.
- Experience in an HSEQ-focused role, preferably within the Rail industry, engineering or consultancy domain.
- Relevant Health and Safety professional qualification. Minimum NBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Working knowledge and experience of health and safety legislation and QM systems.
Skills and Behaviours
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong influencing skills.
- Flexibility, resilience, and enthusiasm
- A culture that responds quickly and positively to customer requests and queries. Addresses problems efficiently, reducing red tape and promoting accountability.
- Strong team working skills, invests time and energy in establishing effective working relationships across the business. Assertive and upfront while being sensitive to the needs and concerns of others.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.