Quality Assurance Associate
- Role type
Ricardo Defense seeks a Quality Assurance Associate for their Troy, MI Office. This Quality Assurance (QA) Associate will support our Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) program within Ricardo Defense. This position will require a general understanding of ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems and ensure that Ricardo Defense operational processes and procedures conform to this standard. In addition, in this role, the QA Associate will work with Facilities and Human Resources to ensure compliance with ISO standard 14001 – Environmental Management and 45001 – Health and Safety Management. The Quality Assurance Associate will need to work collaboratively with the larger Ricardo plc QHSE team and independently with periodic oversight. This position requires regular interaction with internal customers and subject matter experts. Some travel between Ricardo offices may be required.
This is a hybrid position which will allow work from home but applicants must be local to our Troy, MI office. Applicants not near our office will not be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Quality Management System conforms to the ISO 9001 and Ricardo plc quality standards
- Maintains RDI process and procedure assets to comply with evolving governance standards and updates
- Conducts regular internal audits of new and existing processes and products to ensure compliance and support external audits managed by Ricardo plc
- Provide leadership in the QHSE area for RDI and present regular status to internal management and Ricardo plc as needed
- Able to successfully represent the company and communicate effectively with senior management, customers and external auditors
- Detects quality problems and takes corrective actions to improve process performance and eliminate systemic issues
- Uses data analysis, technical writing, and document control skills to support the quality assurance function
- Candidates for this position must possess the critical thinking skills needed to determine level of conformance with RDI processes and procedures to applicable standards
- Experience with process improvement initiatives such as the Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) for software engineering a plus
- Experience working with technical staff and possesses a general understanding of engineering and project management practices
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in a technical or business field is preferred
- Five plus years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create status presentations and reports
- Understanding of Quality Assurance and ISO process standards
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.