Software Test Developer
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is developing the next generation of software-based maintenance tools and has an opening for a Software Test Developer. This role performs software and documentation quality efforts and operates independently of the software engineering group to ensure impartial evaluation of work products. The Software Test Developer works with the Test Lead who coordinates the testing activities, resources and personnel. They will support a large, ongoing software development effort.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain test plan, test descriptions, procedures, and requirements
- Develop automated testing utilities and/or procedures via Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Develop and maintain detailed test report
- Conduct software testing as well as full regression testing on software building prior to release
- Identify and track bugs found throughout the testing process with root cause analysis (RCA)
- Experience with test automation tools, such as, TestComplete, TestExecute, Selenium, etc.
- Teamwork with colleagues (test engineers and software developers)
- Experience with C#, Java or other program/script language is a plus
- Past Department of Defense Maintenance experience is a plus
- Documentation and or past technical writing experience is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- A Minimum of two years of software testing experience
- A Minimum of two years of software development experience is a plus
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC) and United States Government Security Clearance (minimum requirement is a US Citizen. Applicants that do not meet the requirements will not be considered)
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD, and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.