Technical Senior Consultant/Consultant, Waste Infrastructure and Technology
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Flexible, Spain, Flexible, UK
- Closing Date
Role: Technical Senior Consultant/Consultant, Waste Infrastructure and Technology
Location: UK Flexible and Spain
Role ID: 2023-2047
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Working with Ricardo
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We are currently looking for a Technical Senior Consultant/Consultant to join our Waste and Resource Management practice team.
Our Waste and Resource Management practice provides a wide range of consultancy services to the waste management industry. One of our key disciplines is waste infrastructure, providing technical advice ranging from feasibility studies and due diligence through to technical advisory and owners engineering roles for our valued clients.
We specialise in the full range of waste treatment techniques from established processes through to emerging technologies utilising thermal, biological and mechanical treatment to minimise waste and extract value wherever possible.
We are currently looking to expand our team with senior/principal technical consultants with experience of waste infrastructure and processing technologies, to service our expanding client list within the UK, the Middle East and Australia. In this role, you may be expected to get involved in a broad range of projects involving a wide variety of waste treatment technologies such as thermal treatment, Anaerobic Digestion, Material Recovery Facilities (MRF), composting and others.
You will join our team of recognised industry experts with a range of backgrounds and specialisms, providing tailored technical, market, commercial and regulatory support to private and public sector clients in the UK and around the world.
• Lead/input to the provision of technical advice relating to waste treatment processes and technologies.
• Managing projects and liaising with clients in the UK, Europe, Middle East and other territories.
• Review of process and engineering documents such as P&IDs, PFDs, equipment schedules, design specifications, mass/energy balances and other common technical documents.
• Production of feasibility and scoping studies to assist clients in making financial investment decisions
• Produce basis of design documentation and technical specifications.
• Review of facilities and technologies and assessment of compliance with health and safety requirements, legislative requirements, established industry “Best Practice”, user requirements, cost budgets and time scales.
• Managing the work of other junior engineers and coaching and mentoring more junior staff.
• Ensure cross discipline collaboration with other consultants and engineers, both within Ricardo and with external clients and contractors.
• Lead and manage internal teams in the production of bids, tenders and project work.
Key Competencies and Experience
• Degree qualified engineer with broad technical capabilities in process, mechanical, electrical or other engineering fields.
• Willingness to travel for the delivery of projects, including within Europe and the Middle East.
• Good knowledge of waste treatment processes and technologies, ideally with hands-on experience.
• Remain up to date with waste industry developments, trends, legislation and best practice.
• Excellent report writing skills.
• Ability to mentor and support the development of junior engineers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail and desire to deliver influential consultancy support to the highest standards with new and current clients.
• Ability to communicate concise and accurate technical information in both written and verbal forms.
• Previous involvement and experience in implementing engineering projects, preferably in the waste treatment sector.
• Working knowledge of Energy from Waste, Anaerobic Digestion and/or Material Recovery Facility technologies.
• Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership in relevant field.
• Previous consultancy experience.
• Good commercial acumen with experience of different forms of contract.
Skills and Behaviours
• Commercially minded technical consultant.
• Receptive to new and varied challenges, and able to rise to them and to learn.
• Able to work independently and as part of a project team, irrespective of position or role on the task.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and quality in all work.
• Good time management.
• Able to meet (multiple) deadlines and manage and deliver competing priorities.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.