Field Service Representative (FSR)
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Field Service Representative (FSR) to support Infantry Squad Vehicle initial fielding/continued support. The successful candidate will serve as a technical subject matter expert (SME), within our field service and support team.
This FSR will conduct and manage: services, inspections, troubleshooting procedures, repairs of engines, transmissions, power train major assemblies, hydraulic system and fuel system components if necessary, and make electrical repairs (all within accordance to published OEM procedures). The FSR will maintain compliance with shop safety program and use, maintenance and security of hand and shop power tools. Performs equipment classification inspections and annotate and submit appropriate forms and documents.
This position will be in our Sterling Heights, MI facility initially for training then transfer to an OCONUS position to various U.S. Army sites. This position is scheduled to begin the end of October 2023.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and perform light tactical vehicle Mod installation upgrade actions
- Provide on-site on technical expertise as the customer facing representative for Ricardo Defense, while rapidly addressing and bringing to complete resolution all installation and component challenges that arise within the field
- Interpret and work from technical manuals, work instructions, work orders, notes and troubleshooter findings
- Provide technical guidance on operational or maintenance aspects of equipment, and recommendation to the customer for most cost-effective repair or resolution, minimizing downtime
- Serve as liaison between customer field operations and manufacturing, engineering, and quality for component issues and or other product concerns
- Perform all aspects of product field support, servicing, repair, training, installation and installation validation/sign off for newly modified vehicles
- Must be willing to travel
- Experience in inspection, repair, and maintenance on tactical wheeled vehicles
- Experience with performing modifications and maintenance tasks on wheeled combat vehicles in conjunction with 91 Bravo MOS is a plus
- Proficient using common and special tools, diagnostic equipment, and schematics
- Ability to use power tools, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment, including slings and chains
- Capable of working in all climates, and environments, heat, humidity, confined spaces
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with internal & external customers
- Must have vast experience maintaining accountability of parts on hand, on order, what needs to be ordered.
- Certification from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or equivalent organization is highly desirable
- AA or AS degree or Ten years of experience with Army maintenance in lieu of degree
- Proficient in MS Office programs, and prepare written technical reports
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Able to obtain a U.S. government secret clearance
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.