Senior Business Development Manager
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Business Development Manager
Location: UK – Hybrid/Homeworker
Salary range: £40,000 - £60,000 plus sales bonuses
Role ID: 2023-2039
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
About the role:
We are looking for New Business professionals to join us at Ricardo. As a Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM), you will focus on industry verticals, prioritize persona and market choices, and sell ESG solutions across Midmarket and Enterprise organisations within the chemical sector.
Ricardo’s Business Development team combines new business sales experience and relationship-building skills to lead with a solution and value based selling approach. Our team's goal is to deliver high-impact, needs-based value, and solutions to our prospects.
We’re looking for candidates who are hugely ambitious, resourceful, and driven to help shape the future of our industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and own your new business activity plan, deliver on the strategy, and build a healthy pipeline of quality opportunities to hit quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Develop a deep understanding of target personas, their industry vertical, and the role and impact of security in delivering their commercial ambitions.
- Manage and take full ownership of all aspects of the sales process by successfully converting inbound and outbound leads with a high level of responsiveness and proactively building your own pipeline of new opportunities.
- Using a value-selling based approach create needs-based solutions and deliver high-quality workshops and proposals as well as responses to RFPs – from contextual understanding of business challenges through to solution design and pricing.
- Be consistently disciplined with sales forecasting and track all sales opportunities through Microsoft Dynamics CRM to build a healthy and sustainable pipeline.
- Work out and build a scalable, repeatable sales formula taking advantage of all tools available so you can leverage data and client intelligence to sell consistently, and predictably.
- Work collaboratively with adjacent teams such as Marketing, Product and Customer Success to exchange knowledge, and design new ways to influence buying decisions and better serve clients across the full range of Ricardo’s offerings.
What you'll have:
- Succeeding in New Business and selling Consultancy or Saas (long term, recurring revenue programmes) to Mid-Market and Enterprise segments with fluency prospecting in a range of industry verticals.
- Experience value based selling similar platform solutions, including executive and C-level, across Corporate and public sector is highly beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of the full sales cycle from prospecting to closing, and a track record building pipeline, closing and hitting sales goals.
- Ability to use a data and an insight-first approach to stimulate prospects thinking and create meaningful impact-driven stories to promote offerings all the way through the sales cycle.
- Start-up or scaleup experience, comfortable operating in a fast-changing environment, working with maturing but limited resources, and delivering high-quality work at speed.
- Ability to confidently communicate, influence and build trusted advisor relationships quickly with senior stakeholders, including executive and C-level.
- Excellent sales methodologies like value-based selling, Sandler, SPIN etc. and skill using and accurately maintaining Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Salesloft and other similar CRMs and prospecting tools.
- Background in Consultancy or any regulated industry, and experience of the chemical sector, is beneficial.
- Fluent in Dutch, any other European language spoken are a plus.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.