Environmental Copy Writer and PR/media Specialist – Air Pollution Focus
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Environmental Copy Writer and PR/media Specialist – Air Pollution Focus
Location: UK Flexible
Salary range: £35,000 to £55,000 plus benefits
Role ID: 2023 - 2035
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Develop compelling and high-quality written content, including blog posts, articles, reports, and press releases related to air quality and environmental topics.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure accurate and informative content.
- Maintain a consistent and authoritative voice that reflects the company's values and expertise.
- Create and execute a comprehensive approach to engaging media to reach our target audiences and maximise brand exposure.
- Manage and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and industry influencers.
- Monitor industry news and trends to identify opportunities for thought leadership and commentary.
- Optimise content for search engines (SEO) to improve visibility and organic reach.
- Work with marketing colleagues to enable them to utilise your content to create engaging and impactful marketing campaigns.
Analytics and reporting:
- Track and analyse the performance of content and media.
- Provide regular updates on the effectiveness of media engagement and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
Social media management:
- Work with marketing colleagues and our Head of Corporate Communications to promote our stories and raise our profile on social media.
- Experience of creating engaging copywriting in air quality or environmental sciences
- Experience writing for a trade publication, or working for a PR agency, or in-house communications team.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.