Director of Business Development
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Director of Business Development to provide business development, management, and technical expertise to critical customer accounts developing customer relations and participating in the strategic, tactical, and operational aspects of key programs. The Director of Business Development will provide managerial leadership and direct support for organic and new business development, problem definition, analysis, proposal development, and implementation related to select customer areas. The Director of Business Development will establish/enhance customer intimacy in the selected business areas resulting in continued business and organic growth for existing accounts, capture of new business in target market areas, and identifying/establishing entry into new market areas consistent with Ricardo Defense strategic plans and business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with existing customers enhancing customer trust and establishing critical communications related to current and future business planning
- Leverage network base to gain entry and capture new business in selected customer arenas
- Lead Business Development team in the areas of identification and capture strategy of new business opportunities
- Provide insight into customer budgets and spending plans
- Capture of follow on and growth business for existing accounts
- Lead or support proposal development
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in business forecasting and reporting, strategic development.
- Provide customer conflict resolution for assigned accounts
- Assure compliance with company processes and procedures
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an applicable field of study
- A minimum of 15 years of Business Development experience. Must have a minimum of seven years of Business Development experience in the Department of Defense Sector
- A proven track record of new business opportunity capture
- Ability to obtain ana maintain a Common Access Card (CAC), and Government Security Clearance if needed
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good technical leadership, planning and organization/control skills
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.