- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: HSEQ Advisor
Location: UK Flexible (Hybrid/remote working)
Role ID: 2023-2023
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We are currently looking for a HSEQ Advisor to join our team.
A key component of our growth is our multidisciplinary fieldwork team who capture hydrometry, water quality, ecological and aerial imagery data from terrestrial, river, groundwater and coastal environments. As well as looking after a European Region of small offices’. To support this team, we require a HSEQ Advisor to oversee all aspects of fieldwork safety, with a particular focus on water safety.
- You will work as part of a wider Health and Safety team, providing specific oversight for fieldwork activities.
- The role will have responsibilities for the management of our risk assessment processes, method statements and guidance, requiring a familiarisation with the activities we undertake in the field and appraisal of the issues and risks faced.
- You will manage the auditing of our field teams against our procedures, identifying areas for improvement and training requirements.
- Critical to this role is an appreciation of the full range of risks faced from operating in the full range of outdoor environments.
- Ideally having experience of implementing and overseeing fieldwork safety policies, you will have an ambition to help drive our business forward by maintaining our excellent health and safety record and spearheading future improvements.
- A key requirement is for effective integration of health and safety improvements into our day-to-day fieldwork consultancy services.
- Act as regional advisor for all HSEQ requirements and ensure they are delivered throughout the region.
- Understand local regulatory and standards requirements and define their impact on the business.
- Show leadership in ensuring compliance to the relevant standards, including ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Provision of regular status reporting to the HSEQ Manager in relation to the trends, status, key issues and actions surrounding the HSEQ function.
- Lead HSE Forums for the region.
Key competencies and experience
- We are looking to appoint a HSEQ Advisor who has relevant experience in delivering safety management in the outdoor environment.
- Of particular interest is an understanding of and experience in river and coastal environments.
- Understanding of relevant UK Health and Safety regulations.
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and relevant membership of IOSH.
- Outdoor risk assessment and method statement management.
- Small boat handling experience with appropriate RYA/MCA certification.
- Management of personal protective equipment.
- Management of health and safety training programme.
- Site visit auditing experience.
- A clean full UK driving licence.
Skills and behaviours
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good collaborative team working and communication skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Effective stakeholder liaison skills, including keeping others up to date with progress.
- Ability to manage and work to tight project deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to support technical input into proposals.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.