Senior Consultants - Environmental and Engineering
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Senior Consultants
Location: Adelaide, Australia (Hybrid)
Role ID: 2023-2014
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo is building its team in Australia to help solve some of the country’s greatest challenges.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
We are looking to further grow Ricardo’s capabilities in providing water, sustainability and energy transition solutions to our Australian clients across industry and government.
This role is based in our growing office of over 40 professionals located in Adelaide CBD.
We are currently looking for experienced Senior Consultants to enable Ricardo’s next phase of growth in Australia working within the Water Practice, and supporting our Sustainability, Energy Decarbonisation, and Rail Practices cross-functionally.
You will have the opportunity to use your technical capabilities and experience to support a varied portfolio of interesting and complex projects and work with a great and supportive team.
- Lead a range of interesting projects (dependent on experience) and develop direct client relationships.
- Support the wider group on projects/programs of state and national importance.
- Bring innovative ideas, solutions, and strategies for our clients.
- Secure repeat business through your work with key clients, strengthening relationships.
- Support Ricardo’s project teams to deliver exceptional results across multiple sectors and industries.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and mentoring to junior staff and share knowledge with the broader team.
- Complete and review reports for all stages of the project.
- Provide input into business development strategies and initiatives to further grow the business.
- Develop and conduct presentations and proposals for prospective clients.
Key competencies and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Process, Mechatronics, Electrical), Environmental Science, Earth Science, or similar.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in a similar role within a consulting or professional services environment will be valuable as will demonstrated client-side experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects with competing demands.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects to completion, within budget and to a high standard.
- Proven track record of contributing high quality work.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and ability to learn new systems and software quickly.
Skills and behaviours
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; able to produce high quality reports as well as communicate confidently with a variety of clients and stakeholders.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Well-developed customer service capabilities with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Team player, able to provide support to the wider team on projects.
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn and improve expertise.
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Interest in strengthening client relationships and business development.
- Embrace Ricardo’s values of Create Together, Be Innovative, Aim High, and Be Mindful and aim to lead others towards high standards of performance and behaviour.
- Post graduate qualification in Project Management, Water Resource Management, MBA, or similar will be highly regarded.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have drive, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core of our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programs and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our Employee Assistance Program.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.