- Role type
Role: Graduate Consultant
Location: Hong Kong
Role ID: 2023 - 2022
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
We are recruiting a Graduate Consultant in Hong Kong. The main job scope is as follows:
- Support various RAMS activities, including the Hazard Analyses and HAZOP workshops, development and management of the Hazard Log, Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Quantitative Risk Assessment and other Reliability, Availability, Maintainability Analyses .
- Participate in Human Factors Studies on Automatic Train Supervision System (ATSS), Main Control System (MCS) and other subsystems, applying human factors analyses on control room, station systems design.
- Assist in Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) projects by supporting EMC management activities, EMC simulation and modelling and preparing reports.
- Facilitate technical client facing meetings and workshops by supporting meeting preparation and meeting minutes production.
- Conduct research on various industries, innovation topics (e.g., H2, decarbonization), markets and technical topics, support delivery of technical projects, technical seminars, and business development activities.
- Contribute to the summarization and consolidation of worldwide railway accident database update for internal review and reference.
- Support project as technical consultants, project coordinate and develop skills in project management, coordinate the engagement between Ricardo team and external clients and sub-contractors.
- Visit various railway sites (including Operation Control Centre, depot, Station Control Rooms, or other) to support project activities, or travelling to project locations for RAMS / HF / EMC workshops where required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical Engineering (or other related discipline)
- Recent graduates, experience in railway company or related discipline.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Careful and honest, good interpersonal relationship.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.