Renewable Energy Advisory Expert
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Renewable Energy Advisory Expert
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2023-2010
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Are you ready to take your expertise in renewable energy to the next level and join a team dedicated to shaping a greener future?
We are looking for an experienced Renewable Energy Advisory Consultant to join our Sustainable Energy Systems (SES) team. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to make a profound impact, driving the transition towards a cleaner and greener world.
Your role will be to provide invaluable guidance and strategic advice to our clients in navigating the complex world of renewable energy. You'll be a trusted advisor, supporting developers, investors, and energy users in making informed decisions that align with their sustainability goals. Whether it's conducting technical due diligence, offering expert advice on feasibility studies, or assisting in the construction of cutting-edge solar PV, wind generation, and battery storage projects, your expertise will be the driving force behind their success.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following key competencies and significant and demonstrable experience:
- Delivering technical and transaction advice / due diligence on PV, wind, BESS and grid connections.
- Developing new business through internal and external networks and preparing successful proposals.
- Delivering renewable energy infrastructure implementation, system design, preparing/reviewing employer’s requirements, and specifications.
- Hold a strong degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Being proactive, ready to help and willing to support junior members of the team.
- Fluency in English.
As a Renewable Energy Advisory Consultant your main responsibilities will be:
- Delivering to the highest standards: Take responsibility for delivering work to the highest standards, whether acting as a project manager, technical expert, or fulfilling the Technical Advisory services business plan.
- Growing the portfolio: Using your track record in renewables implementation to focus on expanding the technical advisory and due diligence roles for planned and operational portfolios. This includes ensuring client satisfaction, participating in strategic decision-making, and overseeing business development activities.
- Managing and overseeing projects: As a senior member of the advisory services team, you will play a key role in managing or overseeing projects that not only meet client expectations but also contribute to the overall growth of the company. You will be prepared to travel to project sites within the UK and overseas when required, ensuring a hands-on approach and a comprehensive understanding of project requirements.
- Communications and thought leadership: Confidence in interacting with clients and senior management is crucial, as is producing clear and easy-to-read reports.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If our application process does not align with your requirements, please email email@example.com and we will make necessary arrangements to meet your needs.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.