Catchment Management and Nutrient Neutrality (Principal/Associate)
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Principal Consultant/Associate Director – Catchment Management and Nutrient Neutrality Lead
Location: UK Flexible - Remote working allowed - Harwell, Glasgow, Manchester, London, Bristol, Hybrid
Salary range: £45,000 - £65,000 plus benefits
Role ID: 2023 - 1979
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
We are currently looking for a Principal Consultant/Associate Director to join our Water team, focusing on Catchment Management, Nutrient Neutrality and Associated Nature Based Solutions for catchment issue mitigation.
- We are seeking to appoint a specialist to take the lead in catchment management, nutrient management/neutrality and associated nature-based solutions.
- We are looking for someone to lead and grow our team in this area and to expand our offerings noting that we already have a strong understanding and team working in these areas.
- You will be expected to take on a team and mentoring role for a team who have experience in these areas.
- We would expect the successful applicant to work closely with the senior management team and to identify new opportunities.
- The position would suit an individual who already has technical capability but is also eager to learn more and support with active business development opportunities related to Catchment Management and Nutrient Neutrality.
Key competencies and experience
- An ambition to develop new business.
- Good understanding of the UK environmental regulation related to water quality and nutrient issues.
- Ability to manage technically complex projects.
- Experience in proposal writing and winning work.
- An environmentally related degree (ideally with a post-graduate qualification).
- Ability and keenness to both mentor a team and support technically.
- A strong understanding of the either and/or private and public sector clients.
- Understanding of the planning policy.
- Ability to bid and win work.
Skills and behaviours
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Collaborative team working and communication skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload and assist others in doing so.
- Effective stakeholder liaison and management skills, including keeping clients and internal project staff up to date with progress, programme changes and tasks.
- Ability to manage and support technical input into proposals.
- Ability to support judicial and expert witness work and reviews would be advantageous.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.