Air Quality Director
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: Air Quality Director
Location: Madrid Spain
Role ID: 2023-1988
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
The role will be primarily to develop new business but with some support to project delivery activities, principally to provide on-project client relationship management, subject to the experience of the successful candidate.
Sitting in our Air Quality Practice, you will be an expert in identifying and engaging with air quality and environmental policy professionals across the private and public sectors, working with them to deliver the range of air quality, environmental policy and carbon regulation services that we offer.
- Be capable of building and maintaining new client relationships and developing new business leads and opportunities
- Converting new business opportunities into successful bids e.g. by supporting the bid teams by providing local knowledge and client context
- Be the client interface for key projects, demonstrating experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Liaise with specialist sub-contractors and build relationships internally and externally.
- Input technical expertise to lead air quality and environmental policy bids.
- Ensure appropriate profile raising and marketing of Ricardo’s services and capabilities.
Key competencies and experience
- Have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate relevant technical capability, business development experience, effective project management and excellent communication skills.
- Have a higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental or engineering discipline, or otherwise to have a good track record working in an environmental role, so that you can demonstrate your knowledge.
- Ideally have experience of working in the consultancy sector, or organisational responsibility for the outputs from contracted consultants, to demonstrate that you have the necessary commercial awareness. We are also interested to talk to candidates currently performing environmental roles directly within industry especially where they have a strong commercial awareness.
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities is essential.
- Demonstrate technical expertise across one or more of the following areas:
- Air Quality Measurement
- Air Quality Modelling and Forecasting
- Emission Inventories
- Environmental Policy & Climate Change
- Energy & Carbon Regulation
Skills and behaviours
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Strong client and stakeholder communication skills e.g. influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
- Team working and leadership and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- High level of computer literacy, including familiarity with the full Microsoft Office software suite and potentially industry analysis tools.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
- High levels of drive and commitment; a self-starter, problem solver with the ability to turn ideas into reality.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.