- Role type
- Flexible, UK, Bristol, London
- Closing Date
Role: Database Administrator
Location: Oxford (Harwell), Bristol or London (Paddington) offices - hybrid working
Role ID: 2023-1972
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
We are currently looking for a Database Administrator to join our Digital Services team.
We combine energy and climate change, air quality, resource efficiency, sustainable transport and chemical risk expertise with our strong IT capability. We've got some ambitious growth plans and we're looking for a talented SQL DBA with SQL development skills to join our team.
You will gain exposure to a variety of different business areas within Ricardo, supporting local and international project solutions as well as ensuring our corporate SQL cluster is fully operational.
- To be responsible for the delivery and support of robust and efficient database systems.
- Manage and perform full system implementations.
- Monitor systems to make sure they run efficiently.
- Develop database documentation.
- Working with development teams to formulate/ architect database solutions.
- Working with scientific experts, gaining subject matter knowledge in a variety of data centric environmental policy areas.
Skills and Behaviours
- SQL Server (from 2019 to latest version)
- MS SQL design, deploy and manage
- MS SQL clustering, design and deploy
- MS SQL reporting, analysis, integration, deploy and manage
- Database design, development and ETL technologies.
- Knowledge and commercial experience of Data Warehousing.
- Excellent Transact SQL skills.
- Adept at developing and refactoring stored procedures.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL clustering and replication management.
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Have detailed knowledge of server architecture.
- Strong commercial experience with XML.
- Working knowledge of C#, .NET.
- Trained and practiced in MS Windows Clustering.
- Trained and practiced in MS Windows NLB.
- Knowledge of iSCSI storage.
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics and Agresso Financial Software.
- Working knowledge of MySQL would be useful but not essential.
- Working knowledge of MySQL clustering would be useful but not essential.
- Mentoring and leadership experience would be a distinct advantage.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.