Net Zero Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Net Zero Senior Consultant
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2023-1964
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Are you passionate about sustainability and looking to make a meaningful impact in the fight against climate change? We are seeking an experienced consultant to join our team and help our clients reduce their carbon footprint and transition towards a more sustainable future.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
As a Net Zero Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that help organisations measure, manage and reduce their carbon emissions. Your expertise will be instrumental in guiding our clients towards the achievement of their net zero objectives.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- Higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental or engineering discipline.
- Proven experience as a sustainability consultant, or similar role, with a focus on net zero initiatives.
- Track record in successfully guiding organisations towards achieving sustainability goals.
- Strong understanding of greenhouse gas accounting methodologies and sustainability frameworks (e.g. Science-Based Targets).
- Expertise across several of the following technical areas:
- Net zero strategy development.
- Energy and carbon management planning and strategy.
- Scope 3.
- Carbon footprinting and verification.
- Energy data analysis.
- Energy auditing and identification of energy saving and decarbonisation measures.
- Knowledge of building energy performance / industrial processes.
- Regulatory compliance, knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation.
- Demonstrated experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
You need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Excellent data handling and analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Good stakeholder communication skills (e.g. influencing, presentation and relationship management skills).
- Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
- Team working and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Managing and delivering net zero, and energy and carbon management projects.
- Delivering a project management role, controlling budgets and timings, and allocating tasks to colleagues as required.
- Preparing comprehensive reports and presentations for clients.
- Supporting the preparation of proposals covering net zero, carbon management and supply chain and scope 3 emissions.
- Supporting clients with compliance with relevant sustainability standards and frameworks.
Working alongside our technical experts, you will contribute to cutting-edge projects that address real-world sustainability issues. By actively participating in these projects, you will be exposed to the latest methodologies and innovations shaping the industry.
As your knowledge and expertise grows through the learning and development opportunities provided, you will be well-positioned for career advancement within Ricardo. We believe in recognising, supporting and nurturing talent.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If our application process does not align with your requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make necessary arrangements to meet your needs.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.