Junior Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic)
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
We are looking for highly capable Junior Engineer to provide expertise in and completes design and analysis of rail systems and components. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients' transport project challenges.
- Provide technical input in mechanical/mechatronic/electrical engineering or other related disciplines.
- Work collaboratively with engineers (including in other disciplines), subsystem / subject matter experts, project teams and other stakeholders to achieve project & business outcomes.
- Work directly with clients (including deployed within client teams and site visits) to deliver services.
- Review technical submissions at various phases of engineering design for compliance.
- Attend site to provide advice on technical matters.
- Develop trade-off reports as required to support decision making.
- Lead, participate in, support, and contribute to workshops and meetings with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Produce, contribute to, and review engineering documentation including reports, calculations, specifications, procedures, etc.
- Produce, contribute to, and review management and project deliverables, including plans, schedules, risk assessments, issues registers, etc.
- Review of engineering documents, develop comments and recommendations including input from stakeholders and subject matter experts, and collaborate with clients and stakeholders in delivering findings and developing amendments.
- Support new business development for Ricardo Rail Australia and/or Ricardo Group (e.g. new tenders).
- Support development of company systems and processes.
- Abide by applicable workplace health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other tasks as reasonably directed, having regard to your skills, training and experience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical/Mechatronic/Electrical Engineering (or other related discipline)
- 2 to 5 years engineering or related discipline experience.
- Up to 5 years rolling stock experience.
- Successful candidates must have rail experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent English verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in other languages (desirable).
- Organized and able to meet deadlines.