Program Manager - Electrification
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Role: Program Manager - Electrification
Location: Van Buren Twp., MI
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Our Automotive & Industrial division has been a trusted engineering-services partner for clean, efficient, integrated propulsion and energy systems. For over 100 years, Ricardo has been using engineering and research and development expertise to help global vehicle manufacturers innovate and improve the efficiency and performance of their products to bring them to market quicker and more cheaply without compromising safety or quality.
As the Program Manager at Ricardo you will be responsible for successfully leading the delivery of complex engineering proposals and projects to a diverse list of global customers across a broad range of industries and sectors. You will work with industry recognized experts to deliver cutting-edge solutions to our customer. You will:
- Work alongside Chief Engineers to lead complex projects, with full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Be the senior customer interface for the project, leading cross functional teams to establish strong and effective customer relationships.
- Lead internal project reviews with Ricardo stakeholders including senior management.
- Work with engineering teams to create resourced project plans that enable successful project delivery.
- Ensure projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures, including Ricardo’s Product Development System.
- Manage and monitoring project scope and lead customer negotiations on changes
- Lead cross functional teams to develop robust and compelling customer proposals; including scope of work, resourcing, timing plans, risk assessments and costing.
- Support development of Ricardo’s internal project management capability by supporting and coaching more junior members of the project management team
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Depending on the project(s) worked on, the role will involve some travel.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience of leading complex development projects following new product development / introduction processes
- Commercially astute with a demonstrable track record of successfully negotiating scope changes with customers
- Proven stakeholder management skills with demonstrable experience of managing challenging commercial customer relationships
- Excellent skills in report and proposal writing
- High level proficiency of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Project
- Have a professional project management background and be APM qualified (or the equivalent from another professional PM body e.g. PMI)
- Be degree qualified, ideally in an engineering or related discipline
- Experience of managing complex electrical system development projects
- Have a natural desire to contribute to continuous improvement within the function
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalized approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programs and policies that support individuals including flexible working, careers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance program.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognizing that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees to ensure an inclusive culture, we are a recognized as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include paid vacation time off, emergency/sick time, plus 14 holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision plus 401k. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application, if qualified, a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.