- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Operations Director
Location: Athens, Greece
Role ID: 2023-1908
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Ricardo is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
E3Modelling (part of Ricardo Plc.) is a team of experienced consultants, analysts and modellers specialising in providing consultancy services based on advanced empirical modelling of the energy-economy-environment nexus.
We are currently looking for a highly capable Operations Director to support the growth of E3M across the energy, environmental, economist sectors to be based in our Athens office. The Operations Director will be responsible for driving a culture of operational excellence in project delivery and overall performance achievement. You will be a leader with a hands-on approach to ensure a high quality of operational efficiency and service delivery; building and maintaining effective operations and a collaborative, engaged team culture within the business.
You will be able to take on a wide range of duties in support of project managers and the senior leadership team. These will include:
- Work collaboratively with the Directors, other enabling functions (HR, Finance, etc) and Team Leaders across the business to ensure commercial success, and a high standard of service delivery.
- Work collaboratively to develop and improve systems, processes, controls, and procedures that improve the efficiency of E3M and ensure excellent client service.
- Drive and manage operational performance and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and business outcomes are met.
- Delivering certification in ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001.
- Monitor operational performance, prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting and establish corrective measures as needed.
- Support business development strategies and activities, with oversight and management of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, ensuring data is input and updated.
- Oversight and ownership of business and systems compliance, internally and externally.
- Supporting the team to maintain day to day operational functionality.
Key Competencies and Experience
- Proven experience in management and executive positions within a consultancy
- Detailed understanding of consulting and a demonstrated ability to lead technical professionals.
- Demonstrated strategic leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Understanding of advanced business planning
- A solid grasp of data analysis and business performance metrics with proven experience in budget development and oversight.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues.
- Be proficient in Greek and English (verbal and written).
- Experience of change/integration management would be desirable.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer - please advise the recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.