Senior Marketing Executive
- Role type
- Flexible Hours, Full time, Part time
Role: Senior Marketing Executive - Campaigns
Location: UK Flexible (Commutable to Harwell - Oxford, Manchester, Bristol, London or Glasgow would be advantageous)
Salary range: £32,000 to £40,000
Role ID: 2023-1883
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a world-class environmental, engineering and strategic consulting company listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading edge and innovative cross sector sustainable products and solutions, helping our global customers increase efficiencies, achieve growth and create a cleaner and safer future.
Our Energy and Environment business unit combines energy, climate change, environmental and chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
We are currently looking for a Senior Marketing Executive to join our National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC) team.
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC) is the premier global chemical emergency response centre and recognised with over 45 years of heritage. We provide industry leading services to emergency services and large multi-national chemical manufacturing and distribution companies.
NCEC is seeking an experienced marketing professional to develop and deliver lead generation marketing campaigns which will support the sales team, account managers and product managers, and have a direct impact on performance for the emergency response business area within NCEC. This is a hands-on role which will require comprehensive experience of lead generation campaigns.
You will be supported by the Marketing Director, Head of Marketing Campaigns and NCEC marketing executives, as well as the team of specialists in design, proofreading, PR and events.
- You will be responsible for a wide range of marketing activities and work closely with stakeholders across the emergency response business area.
- Effective communication, time management, planning and campaign development and delivery are important for this role.
- To work with the Head of Marketing Campaigns, Growth manager, Business Area Manager and Business Development Director to define the long-term vision and strategy for the emergency response business area.
- To create integrated lead generation campaigns including activities such as written and video content generation, email marketing, display, PR, social media, collateral, webinars etc.
- To develop and maintain a rolling 6-month marketing plan.
- To provide reports to senior management on the performance and value of marketing activities.
- To create and update website content - including copy writing and page development (though CMS)
- To manage marketing information on CRM to ensure that is fit for purpose and up to date at all times.
Key competencies and experience
- Highly organised: you understand the importance of providing stakeholders with visibility of the marketing activities and campaigns being delivered.
- Experience of delivering marketing campaigns, demonstrable experience of planning and delivering lead generation focused marketing campaigns and associated activities.
- Ideally have experience of using and implementing the SOSTAC planning model.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: you are comfortable engaging with internal and external stakeholders (irrespective of level of the organisation).
- Solid understanding of marketing analytics and reporting: you enjoy understanding the outcome and impact of what you do and know how to clearly communicate it to others.
- Excellent copywriting capabilities: can produce customer centric benefit focused copy.
- A proactive and engaged member of the communications team: you enjoy being part of a team and value building close relationship with team members.
Skills and behaviours
- Organisational, communication and time management skills are key.
- Positive attitude.
- Motivated and able to work on your own initiative.
- Good use of English, written and verbal.
- Proficient in Excel.
- ensure there’s no spelling or punctuation mistakes.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalised approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Wellbeing and work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that's working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential. Our People are important to us, and we take pride in our wellbeing programmes and policies that support individuals including flexible working, carers policy, mental health first aiders and readily available support through our extensive Employee Assistance programme.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours. We have an ambitious diversity, equality, and inclusion approach as explained here. We value diversity; recognising that a more diverse workforce creates a richer and more varied working environment. Diversity also drives innovation, by allowing us to offer our clients the best consultancy service that we can. As part of our commitment to engage positively and pro-actively with all our employees and ensure a culture of inclusivity, we are a recognised as a 'disability confident' employer.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date. Ricardo is a Disability confident employer - please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.