Energy Analyst - Power Sector & Electricity Markets
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Flexible, Germany, Athens, Madrid
- Closing Date
Role: Energy Analyst – Power Sector & Electricity Markets
Location: Athens, Madrid, Germany - Flexible
Role ID: 2023-1904
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company, listed on the London Stock Exchange. With over 100 years of engineering excellence and employing close to 3,000 employees in more than 20 countries, we provide exceptional levels of expertise in delivering leading-edge and innovative cross-sector sustainable products and solutions. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
Energy & Environment, one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units, is a leader in sustainability consultancy, solving complex environmental challenges through industry-leading analysis, advice and data. With more than 40 years of heritage in addressing air quality, environmental and sustainability issues, our customers value us for our deep understanding and breadth of services covering the entire value chain from evidence, policy & strategy to implementation.
Do you have solid technical skills and a strong interest in European and international energy policy, with a special focus on the power sector and electricity markets?
We are looking for a self-driven, motivated Analyst to join our EU offices, Athens, Madrid, or Berlin and work alongside our energy system modelling team on high-standing consulting projects for international organisations, national governments, and the private sector.
In this position you will perform quantitative research to support various activities of the PRIMES energy system model. More specifically, you will:
- Collect, structure, maintain and analyze large datasets with relevance for energy, economy, power sector and electricity markets.
- Review and summarise scientific, technical and market reports into inputs necessary for quantitative assessments
- Work closely with modellers and contribute to the preparation of energy policy scenarios.
- Assist or act as project manager in various research/consultancy projects
- Draft reports, papers or presentations on the power sector based on model results.
Key competencies and experience
- Hold a BSc and/or MSc or PhD degree in engineering, economics, applied mathematics or physics or other relevant disciplines.
- Proven work and/or research experience in the field of energy systems analysis, focusing on the power sector and electricity markets.
- Be an excellent user of MS Office, with emphasis on MS Excel
- Be proficient in English (verbal and written)
- Have a very good understanding of European and/or international energy and environmental policy issues with a focus on the EU power sector.
- Have a detail-oriented and problem-solving mindset, collaborative attitude and willingness to learn.
- Proven writing skills gained through (co-) authorship of academic articles, technical and/or policy reports in English is an asset.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core of our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer - please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.
Note - please submit your application in English.