- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: ESG Consultant
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2023-1900
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Are you passionate about creating positive change for a sustainable future? Are you interested in climate related issues, as well as ESG strategy and reporting? If so, we are looking for an ESG consultant to join our team.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
As an ESG consultant, you'll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, helping them develop and implement robust, credible ESG and climate-related strategies. You'll be part of a team supporting senior consultants in delivering projects on issues such as climate change, TCFD, CDP, climate transition plans, risks management and corporate governance, helping our clients make a positive impact while also enhancing their long-term success and value creation.This role offers significant career rewards and opportunities for learning and expanding your technical knowledge.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- A Bachelors (2.1 or above) or Masters, in sustainability or finance related subject.
- Understanding of voluntary and mandatory climate and ESG standards, frameworks and ratings and rankings. For example GRI, GHG Protocol, SBTi, TCFD, UN SDGs, EU Taxonomy and CDP.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas, climate and ESG strategy development and processes, climate-related and ESG materiality assessment and gap analysis, TCFD, climate transition planning, and climate-related scenario modelling.
- Understanding of key sustainability and climate change policies and issues.
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with stakeholders.
As an ESG consultant you need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Excellent data handling and analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Effective communication skills.
- Team working and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed deliverables.
- Excellent IT skills especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-reliant and proactive with good problem-solving skills.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If our application process does not align with your requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make necessary arrangements to meet your needs.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.