ESG Senior Consultant
- Role type
- Closing Date
Role: ESG Senior Consultant
Location: Global Flexible
Role ID: 2023-1899
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Are you passionate about creating positive change for a sustainable future? Do you have experience in climate related issues and risk management processes, along with a strong understanding of ESG strategy and reporting? If so, we are looking for an experienced ESG senior consultant to join our team.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
As an ESG senior consultant, you'll have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients, helping them develop and implement robust, credible ESG and climate-related strategies. You'll use your expertise to provide guidance on issues such as climate change, TCFD, CDP, climate transition plans, risks management, corporate governance, and stakeholder engagement, helping our clients make a positive impact while also enhancing their long-term success and value creation.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- Have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate relevant technical capability, effective project management and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working with voluntary and mandatory climate and ESG standards, frameworks and ratings and rankings. For example, GRI, IFRS/ISSB, EFRAG (European Sustainability Reporting Standards), UN Global Compact, GHG Protocol, SBTi, TCFD, TNFD, UN SDGs, EU Taxonomy, MSCI, Sustainalytics, FTSE4Good, S&P Global, EcoVadis and CDP.
- Demonstrate technical expertise across several of the following areas, climate and ESG strategy development and processes, climate-related and ESG materiality assessment and gap analysis, TCFD knowledge, climate transition planning, risk analysis and enterprise risk management integration and reporting and climate-related scenario and financial risk modelling.
- Be able to advise clients on the current and upcoming regulatory trends and voluntary developments shaping the sustainability / non-financial disclosure landscape.
- Experience of effectively managing and collaborating with stakeholders.
As an experienced ESG senior consultant you need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Excellent data handling and analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Good stakeholder communication skills (e.g. influencing, presentation and relationship management skills).
- Project management skills that demonstrate ability to manage and account for time spent, and to deliver work on time and budget.
- Team working and ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
As an experienced ESG senior consultant your main responsibilities would be:
- Managing and delivering climate and ESG reporting projects, including TCFD, CDP, climate transition plans and scenario analysis.
- Assisting clients to undertake scenario analysis on climate change related issues and understand key risks and opportunities.
- Supporting the preparation of proposals for clients to deliver services in climate change and ESG reporting.
- Undertaking a project management role, controlling budgets and timings, and allocating tasks to colleagues as required.
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors and build relationships internally and externally.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If our application process does not align with your requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make necessary arrangements to meet your needs.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.