Consultant (Reach /CLP)
- Role type
- London, Flexible, UK, Madrid
- Closing Date
Role: Consultant (REACH / CLP)
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2023-1890
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
At Ricardo, we offer an environment where your expertise will thrive, your creativity will flourish, and your contributions will directly impact industries that drive progress and positive change.
Come join our growing Chemical Risk team as a REACH / CLP Consultant. As a part of our team, you'll play a key role in supporting our REACH and CLP consultancy work in both the European Union and the UK.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have:
- Knowledge and experience across REACH and CLP.
- Strong customer service ethos.
- Commercial awareness.
In this position, you'll have the chance to collaborate with experts from various fields within Ricardo. You'll also work closely with academic, industry, and regulatory partners. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to assist a diverse group of customers from the public and private sectors.
This role offers a wonderful opportunity to contribute to the safe and sustainable use of chemicals. We are actively looking for applicants with various levels of experience and specialised knowledge to help us strengthen our team. We welcome your unique expertise and perspective. Join us in making a positive impact.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following:
- Knowledge in supply regulations (possibly including transport regulations also); expert knowledge of REACH; safety data sheet authoring, understanding how to classify both substances and mixtures.
- Experience in delivering and overseeing technical consultancy in the field of chemical regulatory affairs.
- Have and maintain expert knowledge of the regulations affecting the worldwide chemical industry, in particular REACH, GHS and CLP.
- Experience with contributing ideas to the development of business strategy with respect to regulatory.
- Ability to communicate complexed information to a variety of people.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake a range of client work related to REACH.
- Coach and share knowledge with team members to enhance their understanding of REACH and its application to clients.
- Support other technical areas including Safety Data Sheet authoring, Poison Centre notifications, etc.
- Understand the regulatory landscape and being an expert in this field.
- Demonstrate strong project and customer management skills to proactively manage clients, ensuring exceptional service and repeat business.
- Provide technical knowledge, particularly in REACH and/or SDS Authoring.
- Provide expert technical consultancy input to support the growth of our technical regulatory consultancy products and services.
- Identify and advancing opportunities uncovered during technical work, such as discovering additional needs for Safety Data Sheets, Poison Centre support, Emergency Response, or training.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer - please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.