Principal Safety Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
The person we are looking for is someone who is passionate about delivering excellent service to customers but also who will take a lead in developing team members technically and commercially preparing the next generation of safety consultants and assessors.
They will ideally have experience of working in major rail infrastructure upgrade projects ideally within the UK or consultancy experience in producing assessment and deliverables for large projects. They need to have delivered safety engineering and assurance to complex engineering projects with a pragmatic approach based on in-depth experience of applying the methods and tools aligned to key standards such as EN50126, EN50129 or IEC 61508 and/or CSM-RA.
They will work on a wide range of exciting projects such as:
- Safety assurance management, safety approvals and CSM work for major infrastructure projects such as National Train Control Centre in Dublin, Crewe Hub remodelling and East Coast Mainline
- Supporting contractors to complete CSM and approvals for station works such as Birmingham New Street, Darlaston and Willenhall and Coventry Station.
- Safety assurance for new products such as high speed points system, axle counters and other signalling systems
- Safety management systems consulting such as RM3 auditing and safety strategy development
The UK is a Centre of Excellence for Safety and therefore they will provide expertise to projects world wide including Australia, US, Canada, Asia and Middle East.
They will need the ability to work in a flexible consultancy environment, understanding client needs and issues, developing requirements and solutions, managing client expectations and delivering high quality outputs.
As well as delivering project work they will need to meet and develop relationships with key engineering leaders and rail decision makers as well as enhancing their own and the teams technical capabilities. In a client facing role, you will be expected to combine sound engineering knowledge and judgement, with excellent communication skills, to deliver high-quality technical service to clients. Also leading proposals with novel solutions to technically challenging client needs, drawing upon your formal engineering training and your experience to-date
What you will receive in return is:
- A competitive salary
- Support with Chartership
- Technical mentor to help support your career with Ricardo
- 25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
- Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Access to employee discount programme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to private GP services
- Udemy Learning
- Ability to purchase flexible benefits such as dental insurance, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, medical cash plan, computer lease scheme, lease car etc.
This is an exciting and varied role, you will play a crucial part in the growth of our UK business. If you have the required skills and experience to carry out this role we would love to hear from you.