Rail Safety Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Rail Safety Consultant
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2023 - 1894
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
At Ricardo, we believe in fostering an environment where you can thrive and make a meaningful impact. We are committed to empowering our employees, providing opportunities for growth and professional development as well as cultivating a supportive and inclusive work environment.
We are looking for a Rail Safety Consultant to kick start their career by joining our team. To be successful in this role, you will be passionate delivering excellent service to customers and someone who has the ambition and capability to develop into a Senior Consultant and future leader of our business.
You'll play a vital role in project teams, ensuring the successful delivery of projects to clients. Moreover, you'll contribute to the growth of both their business and technical skills, laying the foundation for future success and development.
We encourage you to apply for this role if you have the following competencies and experience:
- You will be a quick learner picking up a variety of different tasks that need to be delivered to a high standard.
- A good communicator supporting business development and sales activity when needed.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to manage and prioritise workload and assist others in doing so educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a STEM or Engineering discipline that is eligible for a Chartered status where applicable.
As a Rail Safety Consultant, your role will involve:
- Safety assurance management, safety approvals and CSM work for major infrastructure projects such as National Train Control Centre in Dublin, Crewe Hub remodelling and East Coast Mainline.
- Supporting contractors to complete CSM and approvals for station works such as Birmingham New Street, Darlaston and Willenhall and Coventry Station.
- Safety assurance for new products such as high-speed points system, axle counters and other signalling systems.
- Safety management systems consulting such as RM3 auditing and safety strategy development.
- Gaining exposure to various disciplines by participating in a diverse range of projects including, Human Factors, EMC, Rolling Stock and Signalling.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.
Ricardo is a Disability confident employer please advise the recruitment team via email@example.com if you require any adjustments to support you throughout the recruitment process.