Part-Time Payroll Manager (On-site)
- Role type
Van Buren, MI
Automotive and Industrial is one of Ricardo plc’s five operating business units and is a trusted global engineering services partner for clean and efficient integrated propulsion and energy systems. Our experience and history over more than 100 years at the forefront of mobility innovation enables us to deliver solutions to the most complex challenges, allowing our customers across all global transport sectors to achieve a sustainable zero-carbon future.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to join an international team supporting bi-weekly payroll processing for our North American operations including United States and Canada. This position reports to the Vice President Finance – Controller out of our UK operations.
Working hours – 15-20 hours per week
· Bi-weekly management and reporting of payroll for 150 plus employees.
· Screens time worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other errors.
· Performs action necessary to determine pay and deductions including Federal and State taxes, insurance, retirement, savings, garnishments, and other deductions.
· Reconciles errors and maintains payroll records.
· Coordinates with HR team on changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
· Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
· Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
· Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
· Funds 401k and HSA/FSA vendor bi-weekly.
· Prepares payroll to GL ledger interface journal and complete monthly payroll reconciliations with sign off for monthly financial controls.
· Maintains a robust local control environment and identify areas for continual process improvement.
· Handles annual and yearend items, such as 401k non-discrimination testing / filing, W2s and 1099s.
· Assist with unemployment requests.
· Reviews and update payroll processes, policies and procedures.
· Undertakes other payroll and project activities as reasonably requested.
· Performs other job-related duties as assigned
· A professional payroll qualification.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, and confident with dealing with staff at all levels.
· Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Experience of using a payroll business system (Paylocity experience preferred).
· Experience of using SAP/ERP system.
Ricardo is an exciting and rewarding place to work and you have the opportunity to make a difference. You will work with teams of talented, dedicated, and supportive individuals. Alongside having a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with us through our broad range of projects, mentoring opportunities and a personalized approach to your learning and development. We are always keen to hear from people who have driven, ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion statement
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, height, weight, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, arrest record (MI only), parental status (IL only), military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.