Software Project Manager
- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking an experienced Software Project Manager to join its growing team. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a diverse group of dedicated, skilled, and highly motivated engineers to develop and sustain software products and enterprise information systems. The successful Software Project Manager must thrive in a self-motivated team environment, proactively complete work, and possess excellent communication skills in order to convey issues and solutions to customers and team members.
This Software Project Manager (PM) will create a comprehensive project plan, determine resourcing, and manage project execution within budget and schedule constraints while following internal processes and procedures. The Software Project Manager will lead and manage software development, system integration and test activities. The Software Project Manager will ensure that program performance meets or exceeds customer expectations, interface directly with customers on a regular basis to keep the program sold, and works to find expanded business opportunities. The qualified candidate will direct the activity of a diverse set of engineers to accomplish project objectives and communicate current and planned resource needs to internal functional organizations. Position may require occasional travel to Ricardo Defense offices or customer locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers and suppliers when developing and executing new business
- Develop presentations and support demonstrations for executive level customers
- Develop and manage project budget, schedules, and execution performance
- Manage development sprint tasking as aligned to overarching project schedule
- Develop and present formal milestone and program review briefings
- Support software engineering teams to ensure customer requirements are achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to support occasional domestic travel
- Must be able to obtain a United States Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer science, or other relevant fields of study from an accredited college or university
- a minimum of five (5) years of professional experience including a minimum of one year of experience in Software Project Management
Preferred Additional Experience:
- PMP and/or SAFe certifications are a plus
- Experience working with MS Project, JIRA, BitBucket
- Experience working within Agile software development team
- Experience working with NAVSEA, NAVAIR, NASA, USAF, USMC, or other United States Department of Defense (DoD) organizations is a plus
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.