Senior Python Product Developer
- Role type
- Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Job Title: Product Software Developer (Python)
Capability Level: Senior
Who we are:
Ricardo is a leading energy and environmental consultancy that works with governments, international donors and the private sector to reduce the impacts of climate change and to enable sustainable business growth through award winning consultancy and technical expertise.
We tackle some of the world’s toughest environmental challenges, working on monitoring and improving air quality in cities, guiding decisions about energy generation and use, helping governments with climate change and resource efficiency, developing policies about transport and water resources, and offering emergency response services for chemical spills.
Our Digital Innovation teams work in collaboration with Ricardo’s wide range of internationally recognised experts and scientists across these environmental sectors, creating new and innovative solutions to tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges. With some exciting growth plans, we have an opportunity for a senior Python developer to join our new Product Development team.
About the role:
In this role, you will be helping us to build a new capability focused on:
- Realising innovative ideas as software products which empower our consultants and clients
- Digital transformation of critical software and data systems which underpin impactful public and private sector projects
- Maintaining products and systems according to best practices, delivering continual improvements that add value for our consultants and clients
To deliver this vision, you will be working closely with our Head of Product, Senior Product Data Engineer (see separate vacancy) and our core Data Science and Digital Services teams, as well as a fascinating variety of domain experts around the business.
From day one, you will be involved in delivering high-profile projects using your technical skills to design and build software products and systems, as well as applying the latest techniques utilising a professional software engineering approach. You will align with the digital and data capability teams within the business and remain consistent with best practice methods and approaches, supporting junior colleagues to do the same and furthering continuous improvement through knowledge sharing and collaboration.
You will have the capacity and curiosity to work across a range of thematic areas and will collaborate closely with technical experts in multi-disciplinary teams. You will have the passion and drive to respond proactively to complex and emerging software problems and should be open to learning new skills and experimenting with new ideas!
- Python (5+ years)
- Software Product Development
- API development including REST
- System architecture including microservices
- Software Quality Assurance and Best Practice, e.g. Test Driven Development
- Version control tools, e.g. Git, GitLab
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines, e.g. GitLab CI
- Containers, e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Data orchestration/pipelines – e.g. Dagster, Airflow
- Agile Development
- Cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, Azure
- Geospatial Information Systems
- Frontend Development, e.g. ReactJS
- Jira/ Confluence