- Role type
Ricardo Defense is seeking a Data Architect to manage design, integration, optimization, and maintenance of our cross-product data integration. This Data Architect is a strategic position within Ricardo Defense’s expansion of software engineering services for support of commercial and DoD programs. The Data Architect will be responsible to ensure data synergy and interoperability for our Software-as-a Service (SaaS) portfolio that may be implemented by different teams.
The Data Architect will ensure clear understanding of customer and system data integration requirements by interfacing with product stakeholders. This will be done through designing and maintaining conceptual, logical, and physical data models. The Data Architect is expected to utilize best practices for SQL (e.g. OLTP, OLAP, local, embedded) and No SQL data stores to meet functional, structural, and ownership/stewardship requirements. The Data Architect will then begin technical implementation to refine, build, and/or optimize the designed database model selecting appropriate products based on technology, cost, and supportability tradeoffs.
This is considered a remote position but will require in-office visits and/or travel to support product reviews and integration activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop product data storage requirements, including choosing the appropriate file and database management systems, including designing the database schema using industry best practices.
- Design and maintain digital engineering data models showing objects, attributes, data types, relationships, storage, organization, access, and integration within the database.
- Ensure that data security requirements and/or regulations are implanted as designated by the project.
- Monitor database performance and scalability proactively for identifying opportunities to optimize performance.
- Ensure data is accuracy, integrity, and consistency by implementing data cleansing, validation and normalization practices.
- Works closely with cross-functional team members, such as system engineers, project managers, software developers, etc. to ensure seamless integration with other products and systems.
- Remain “up-to-date” with the latest trends and technologies in database management to ensure that database solutions remain competitive and effective.
- Maintain and evangelize a SaaS portfolio data master plan to coordinate independently operated projects
- Must be able to obtain a US government Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in data science, computer science, computer engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Eight (8) years of professional experience Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with relational and analytic (OLTP and OLAP) database design and implementation, including using SQL Server Analytic Services (SSAS)
- Experience with Entity-Relationship data modeling, database design, and UML modeling
- Experience supporting enterprise-level databases.
- Experience with multiple database management systems such as SQL Server (Enterprise Edition), PostgreSQL Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with multiple Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools (e.g. Pentaho, SSAS)
- Experience with SQL data integration
- Experience with media file library storage, discovery, access control, and performance.
- Experience with data integration with ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Experience supporting enterprise-level databases hosted within a cloud environment.
- Experience supporting Department of Defense products, is considered a plus.
Ricardo Defense offers an impressive compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending & HSA Accounts
- Legal & ID Shield Services
- 401k with Company Match
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days
Ricardo Defense Inc, is the business entity within Ricardo plc that works on classified safety and defense contracts for the US DoD and it therefore operates as a separate entity governed by a Special Security Agreement (SSA). Ricardo Defense Inc provides solutions to meet the challenges faced by defense customers in the integration of complex and diverse systems specializing in taking innovative technologies from science to real-world deployment. For more information, visit www.ricardo.com.
Ricardo Defense Inc, is a proud recipient of the 2022 Hire Vets Gold Medallion Award.
Ricardo Defense is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity or gender expression), age, mental or physical disability, creed, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic trait or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.