Net Zero Principal Consultant
- Role type
- Full time, Permanent
- Closing Date
Role: Net Zero Principal Consultant
Location: UK Flexible
Role ID: 2022-1811
Our vision is to create a safe and sustainable world
Are you passionate about sustainability and looking to make a meaningful impact in the fight against climate change? We are seeking an experienced Energy & Carbon Management Consultant to join our team and help our clients reduce their carbon footprint and transition towards a more sustainable future.
Ricardo plc is a global strategic, environmental, and engineering consulting company. Every day, we enable our customers to solve the most complex and dynamic challenges to help achieve a safe and sustainable world.
As an Energy & Carbon Management Principal Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies that help organisations measure, manage, and reduce their carbon emissions. Your expertise will be instrumental in guiding clients through the complexities of energy and carbon management.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following competencies and experience:
- Have practical career experience and be able to demonstrate relevant technical capability, effective project management and excellent communication skills.
- Have a higher education qualification (Bachelor’s Degree) in an environmental or engineering discipline, or otherwise to have a good track record working in an environmental role, so that you can demonstrate your knowledge.
- Ideally have experience of working in the consultancy sector, or organisational responsibility for the outputs from contracted consultants, to demonstrate that you have the necessary commercial awareness. We are also interested to talk to candidates currently performing environmental roles directly within industry especially where they have a strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and ability to lead across several of the following technical areas:
- Energy and carbon management planning and strategy
- Net Zero strategy development
- Scope 3
- Carbon footprinting and verification
- Energy data analysis
- Energy auditing and identification of energy saving and decarbonisation measures
- Knowledge of technical areas such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport, carbon sequestration and offsetting
- Knowledge of building energy performance / industrial processes
- Regulatory compliance, knowledge of both current and future environmental and energy related legislation
- Have demonstrated experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Experience of identifying and developing business opportunities.
As an experienced Principal Energy & Carbon Management you need to have the following skills and behaviours:
- Analytical skills with ability to identify, develop and implement solutions.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and without errors – accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Ability to review the work of more junior team members, providing constructive feedback and supporting development.
- Strong client and stakeholder communication skills (e.g. influencing, negotiation, presentation and relationship management skills).
- Ability to develop client propositions (e.g. understanding of client challenges and develop and propose suitable solutions).
- Ability to build and lead teams; ability to coordinate and prioritise activities to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively.
- A flexible approach – able to see where help is needed and support colleagues as necessary.
- Be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks in a sometimes fast-paced operational environment.
As an experienced Principal Energy & Carbon Management your main responsibilities would be:
- Overseeing, managing and delivering net zero, and energy and carbon management projects.
- Be the client lead for key projects, demonstrating experience of working face-to-face with clients and managing their expectations.
- Undertaking a project management role, controlling budgets and timings, and allocating tasks to colleagues as required.
- Liaising with specialist sub-contractors and build relationships internally and externally.
- Inputting technical expertise to lead energy and carbon management, net zero, and supply chain and scope 3 emissions bids.
- Ensuring appropriate profile raising and marketing of Ricardo’s services and capabilities.
You will be warmly welcomed into our workplace where every voice matters. We are diverse thinkers and doers, coming together to create a culture of inclusion. We will support you to find your place.
We will encourage you to use your passion and expertise to make a positive impact through the projects you work on. Your knowledge and desire to bring about change will be invaluable in helping deliver innovative solutions that support communities across the globe in becoming safer and more sustainable.
Work life balance
We offer flexible approaches to work, whether that is working from home, being in the office, or as a hybrid worker. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements. Wellbeing is at the core to our culture, allowing employees to flourish and to achieve their full potential.
We want you to know how much you are valued. Your remuneration and benefits package will reflect that. You will receive a range of benefits which include support for your physical and mental health.
Our core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays, a competitive company pension scheme, life assurance and professional subscriptions reimbursement. We also offer a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
If our application process does not align with your requirements, please email email@example.com and we will make necessary arrangements to meet your needs.
Once you have submitted your application a member of our Recruitment Team will be in touch. Please be aware that the timing can vary dependent on the volume of applications that we receive for each role and in some cases, we may start to review applications prior to the closing date.