Operations Manager – Ricardo Canada
- Role type
Ricardo Canada, Inc., is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team immediately. Our head office is located at 160 Elgin Street, Suite 2600, Ottawa, Ontario, K0A 3P0. Our current office is 1 Richmond Street West, Suite 902, Toronto, M5 3W4 . In this role, the employee will be working primarily from our Toronto office along with other client sites throughout Ontario and, where appropriate, remotely.
This is a permanent, full-time position of 40 hours/week with an annual salary of $220,000 to $250,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits including medical and pension, along with 20 days’ vacation. In addition to salary, discretionary bonus payments and yearly discretionary salary increases may be provided based on performance. Relocation benefits may also be available. The language of work for this position is English.
The role objectives include:
- Act as Project Director for Ricardo Canada and as required elsewhere globally
- Contribute to the Operations and Maintenance growth solution for the global business
- Work as part for Digital growth solution for the global business
- Provide technical oversight projects
- Responsible for Bid Management within Canada
- Responsible for the overall management of the Engineering Delivery team
- Responsible for developing and maintaining customer relationships enhancing business development opportunities
- Bring to the Canada market specific UK experience of Assurance services and O&M.
- Directing projects will full responsibility for delivering on-time, on-budget and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure project performance matches or exceeds approved margins and cashflow profile
- Constantly monitor project performance, resolving any performance issues
- Ensuring that contractual risk is minimised for all activities undertaken and that Ricardo business policies are adhered to.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in adherence with Ricardo’s internal project management processes and procedures.
- Drive Project Management best practice & governance and consider internal flexible methodology towards PM delivery
- Experience of ISA services, specifically CSM-RA, EN standards and TSI’s.
- Responsible for Bid Management, inc. of writing, people / time management and meeting the submission criteria for all Canadian bids
- To feed market intelligence back into the organisation for the development of future service offerings and team capability
- Support business development activities by improving customer relationships and promoting the full Ricardo capability
- Deal with business queries and build relationships with internal and external clients, as appropriate, to resolve service problems and create further opportunities
- Support the bid/no-bid decision process
- Solicit customer feedback about current and completed projects to enable continuous improvement in delivery and customer service to enable development in the service offering
- Can bring experience of the UK market, specifically Network Rail, TfL and HS2.
- Can bring experience of OEMs, such as Siemens, Hitachi and Alstom.
People / Resource Management
- Define resourcing requirements for delivery of current and upcoming projects.
- Achieve defined utilisation targets for the Engineering delivery team.
- Support recruitment and interviews for new team members as required.
- Create a high performing team through effective coaching, mentoring, performance management and competence development.
- Proactively manage employee performance within team, including driving ePDRs; ensure aspirations are considered and tangible objectives set.
- Ensure delivery teams have personal development and training plans that are aligned to competency targets.
Compliance and QHSE
- Ensure that all relevant policies, processes and procedures are known and followed by staff.
- Promote security policies and create awareness among employees.
- Undertake their health and safety responsibilities in line with the relevant requirements.
Skills/qualification/s required for this position:
- Professional and intellectual capacities at academic or higher professional educational level (technical degree preferred).
- Has a professional project management background, with ideally APM experience (or the equivalent from another professional PM body e.g. PMI).
- Has a recognised Professional Engineer status in Canada or UK (e.g CEng / PEng)
- Understanding of programme management, consultancy, operational management, market research methods and the railway sector.
- 5 years’ experience in management position in a (technical) project management/consultancy environment.
- 5 years’ experience in leading, writing and management of bids
- Experience of leading multiple complex engineering projects.
- Experience working within Operations and Maintenance, ideally with a digital bias.
Applications can be submitted online on our website (https://apply.ricardo.com/vacancies/). If you have any questions about the role, please contact Harmi Basran on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your resume and cover letter upon submission of application. Applicants who do not submit a resume will not be considered.