Human Factors Graduate
- Role type
- Derby, London, York
Are you a talented, ambitious graduate with the potential to become technical consultant and future leader of the business. This is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with the opportunity to make a difference. We are keen to hear from people who are driven, with ambition and a flair for innovative thinking.
You will be joining an internationally renowned consultancy tackling projects across all aspects of the railway industry. Ricardo provides our clients – designers, operators, manufacturers, maintenance companies, and industry regulators – with specialist technical support including systems engineering, safety and environmental disciplines, to help improve performance, safety and sustainability.
As part of our Human Factors team, you will have exposure to a range of projects, analysing and advising on human performance risks and strategies, and guiding design teams through a human-centred design approach. Your work will help to make railway systems safer and more efficient, and help deliver new levels of comfort, accessibility and satisfaction for the customer. Some of the exciting projects you will undertake are:
- Assessing station designs to ensure they are accessible for People with Reduced Mobility;
- Supporting the design of modern control rooms and traffic management systems to ensure effective supervision and control over automated railway operations;
- Evaluating the fitment of new signalling systems into the driving cabs of freight trains, conducting assessments such as digital human modelling and working with end users, to deliver a fit for purpose cab design
- Undertaking research for the Rail Safety and Standards Board in the UK, investigating he application of rules governing train horn use – to try and help reduce track worker and pedestrian fatalities on the railway.
What you will receive in return is:
- A competitive salary
- Support with Chartership
- Technical mentor to help support your career with Ricardo
- 25 days holiday plus usual bank holidays,
- Buy and sell 5 days holiday,
- Company Pension
- Life Cover
- Permanent Disability Insurance
- Access to employee discount programme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Access to private GP services
- Udemy Learning
- Ability to purchase flexible benefits such as dental insurance, private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, medical cash plan, computer lease scheme, lease car etc.
This is an exciting and varied role, you will play a crucial part in the growth of our UK business. If you have the required skills and experience to carry out this role we would love to hear from you.